The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Does anyone make an ADAT to firewire converter?
Old 4th March 2011
Here for the gear

Emu 0404 - cheap!

The cheapest cards i could find were EMU 0404 has the dsp aswel, and EMU 1010 pci express which have adat input,

I use the Presonus firestudio project into my EMU 1212m card, works a treat no probs
Old 4th March 2011
Here for the gear

The cheapest cards i could find were EMU 0404 has ADAT input and the dsp aswel, and EMU 1010 pci express has ADAT input,

I use the Presonus firestudio project into my EMU 1212m card, works a treat no probs
Old 4th March 2011
Lives for gear

It's not just the interface, it's the software (drivers) the interface uses. Just pick up a used RME 9652 (the newer version with 2 midi I/O, NOT the "DIGI" version) for $300 and you will have 24 channels I/O with rock solid drivers that can do low latency at FULL load. In addition if you ever go the Hybrid large frame console route you can add more 9652's without problems. The only limit with this setup is sample rate of 44.1k or 48k to use all channels (limits of using ADAT lightpipe). If you are only going to max out at 8 channels I/O then looking at a firewire converter - interface in one box option makes sense.
Old 6th January 2012
once again: any cheapest ADAT input to MAC?

Worked with PC/NUENDO/RME9652/RMEADI8-PRO. Now go to iMAC + ADI8-PRO. And what? I own to buy full blown interface with ADAT input?
Old 6th January 2012
Here for the gear

Ha tobto... I had a similar setup and wish there was an affordable solution rather then selling off my ADI-8 DS and buying a new interface... somehow I bet after all the effort I'd spend more and get less.
Old 6th January 2012
Gear Addict

M-audio Profire Lightbridge...
Old 6th January 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysanfel View Post
Presonus stopped making the PreSonus FireStudio Lightpipe? Why? Anyone know?
They didn't. I heard the same stories, but got a new one off the importer two months ago. It's also still listed on their site with no indication of it being end of life.
Old 6th January 2012
Gear Addict

If you're considering the Presonus Firestudio LightPipe, keep into mind that its syncing options are limited. It will only sync to an external clock @44.1KHz and 88.2KHz, not at 48KHz or 96KHz. I would've preferred clocking the whole setup against my Rosetta 800, but no go (since I sometimes have to deal with 48KHz projects). This is a known issue that Presonus say they will not fix.
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by exel View Post
They didn't. I heard the same stories, but got a new one off the importer two months ago. It's also still listed on their site with no indication of it being end of life.
It seems they (and everyone else) did:

PreSonus FireStudio Lightpipe | Sweetwater.com
Old 10th March 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by exel View Post
If you're considering the Presonus Firestudio LightPipe, keep into mind that its syncing options are limited. It will only sync to an external clock @44.1KHz and 88.2KHz, not at 48KHz or 96KHz. I would've preferred clocking the whole setup against my Rosetta 800, but no go (since I sometimes have to deal with 48KHz projects). This is a known issue that Presonus say they will not fix.
prospective buyers should search youtube for
Presonus Sync Problem
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear
A lot of people are suggesting stuff, but I can't see where the OP mentioned what great pre's he has with ADAT out.

I'd suggest selling them and upgrading to newer audio I/O that will have better A/D converters, etc. and be a one step solution vs. an expensive solution for a problem few have.

Although, unless we know what the OP has, hard to suggest.
Old 26th May 2013
pro
Gear Addict

bump city....

I need a simple digital connection from a MBP to an ADAT optical input.
Even if could only connect the Stereo Toslink out on the MBP to CH. 1 and 2 on the ADAT.
Old 3rd June 2013
Gear Maniac

Wow, 8 years, and 24,000+ views later. I just did a search for "ADAT FW" and this post shows up. I should have manufactured that Behringer solution Bewdy designed...lol!

If anyone is still interested, I went with an RME 9652 PCI and Adat solution.

1) The original Sony Vaio computer crapped out on me soon after I posted the original question.
2) Even when I tried FW, it was fraught with driver problems (remember this was 2005). I was using an Yamaha mLan interface from a Yamaha O1v96.

How much has changed since 2005...just wow...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search