The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Digital effects
Old 27th June 2005
Gear Nut

Digital effects

I would love to buy a Lexicon 480 but can't afford the 5-6 grand at this time. So, what might be the next best at about half the cost on the used market. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I now have a pcm 60 and pcm 41.
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Get a Quantec Yardstick 2402 ! They are so beautiful. But attention: only digi in outs.
TC electronics M3000 is also in the range but imo doesn't even comes near the Quantec.
Lexicon 224 go around for 2-2,5k

good luck
Old 28th June 2005
Gear Nut

The yardstick only has digital i/o, wow. I would like to have both digital and analog i/o for this.
Old 28th June 2005
rjx
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by newatthis
I would love to buy a Lexicon 480 but can't afford the 5-6 grand at this time. So, what might be the next best at about half the cost on the used market. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I now have a pcm 60 and pcm 41.
What digital effects do you already have?
Old 28th June 2005
Gear Nut

None really other than the pcm 60 and pcm 41 that I mentioned above. Nothing in the way of a multi effect or high quality reverb.
Old 28th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by newatthis
The yardstick only has digital i/o, wow. I would like to have both digital and analog i/o for this.
There's a new version of the Quantec with ADDA, but I don't know the exact name of it, off course for a higher price. Here's a link with all the data from their (disgusting) homepage:

http://www.quantec.de/docs_d/effprocomp.pdf

My Quantec is connected now digital, in my old days, it ran via an Flying Cow ADDA, which was quite okay. Maybe the cheaper way.
Good luck,
kosi
Old 28th June 2005
Lives for gear

You could hunt down Roland R-880, and still afford Eventide 2016.
Good combo IMO.

ruudman

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search