The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Where can I Find 1/2 space blank panels ?
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Where can I Find 1/2 space blank panels ?

it seems like i remember someone mentioning something about 1/2 rack space blank (or vented would be even better) panels awhile back to put in between gear that runs hot (so as not to waste a whole rack space). does anyone know where i can find something like that? i would also need to find some rack rails that would allow 1/2 space increments as well. anyone know where one could find these items?
thanks in advance,
joshua
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmouse
it seems like i remember someone mentioning something about 1/2 rack space blank (or vented would be even better) panels awhile back to put in between gear that runs hot (so as not to waste a whole rack space). does anyone know where i can find something like that? i would also need to find some rack rails that would allow 1/2 space increments as well. anyone know where one could find these items?
thanks in advance,
joshua
Do you mean 1/2 rack vertical?
Just remember that the spacing will change if you use something other than a 1 rack space panel(1.75") the screw hole spacing are not the same all the way down.
Old 21st January 2006
Lives for gear

Can't tell you where to get them, but i'm sure have seen rail before that's evenly spaced strait down... never seen a half space panel though... do you have a 'toolslutz' friend who might be handy enough to split a 1 space down the middle? friend of mine has a plasma cutter...
Old 21st January 2006
Lives for gear

I got mine from Proel

Cost next to nothing.
Old 21st January 2006
Lives for gear
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainreduction
I got mine from Proel

Cost next to nothing.
I didn't know anyone made such a thing; here I was, preparing to use the nibbler tool to hack half of a vent panel off so I could fill in the 1/2 space above my nord rack 3... Thanks for the pointer to the perfect solution!

vic
Old 3rd March 2006
Lives for gear

Every manufacturer of half rack devices makes half rack blank panels that are deigned specially for their product.
Old 3rd March 2006
Lives for gear

Also, i just ordered some rail yesereday from an ebay store that has even screw spacing all the way down. I got them from dblittlea-w.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search