The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Using SPDIF with DIGI 001/002
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Using SPDIF with DIGI 001/002

I'm trying to figure out a way to use the SPDIF I/O on my 001 so that I can send audio out into an external D/A into Analog Processing back into an A/D and back into my SPDIF. Won't this interfere with my main output signal? Is there a way to send the Master Bus only to the Monitor and Main Analog outputs and not the SPDIF?
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
In Pro Tools: under the 'Setups' pulldown menu, click 'I/O Setup' and configure the inputs and outputs the way you want them.

Using inserts shouldn't interfere with the main output as long as the main output isn't going to the S/PDIF.
Old 27th June 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Hi DeeDrive. check your Hardware settings, so your SPDIF output is configured the way you want it to be, and you should not have a problem. Like Max said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cooper
Using inserts shouldn't interfere with the main output as long as the main output isn't going to the S/PDIF.
The I/O setup is a nice tool to get organized, though it isn't much more than a labeler.Hope it helps...........................Joaquin.
Old 27th June 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Cool thanks for the help guys, one more thing: Is there a way to use your SPDIF I/O as an insert? When I open the inserts menu, I don't see a SPDIF option. I am using Version 5.3.1, but does maybe a newer version have this option?
๐Ÿ“ Reply