I agrfee wioth jules.
Since when was getting paid wrong?
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Sounds like you need a new CLIENT!

Did YOU get paid already?

Are you abandoning the mix because the mixer wants to get paid?

yeah did you get paid ?? a mix is started and he doesn't have the cash to pay it ? ummmmm....... I don't think I would recommend anyone to your client ... who is it by the way ? can you give names ?
Old 27th June 2005
There is only one

yeah, client needs to come up with the dough, should of had it before the mixing even started.
Old 27th June 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamine
well, today the artist got a call that the mixer wanted full payment before he continued. The mixer said this is the deal for the rate they agreed on. The client never knew this in advance and didn't have the cash on hand.

I think we need a new mixer. If anyone can recommend someone in Miami, please PM me.
Sorry, all the mixers I know who don't want to get paid live up here in New York!

Seriously, I thought you just said it sounded pretty darn good?

Before you even heard his work, you called this thread Producer VERSUS Mixer. Would you have felt adversarial with ANY mixer who was going to mix "your baby"? Be honest.
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Sounds like you need a new CLIENT!

Did YOU get paid already?

Are you abandoning the mix because the mixer wants to get paid?

I was just using the opportunity to work with a more amiable mixer.

You must be psychic, Jules. The client has been a regular since last year. He's always paid me, and I began giving him the courtesy of net-30 billing. WELL... this morning a get an email saying how this experience has really soured him, how he doesn't know if he can continue, etc.

ah, the joys of the music business!
Old 27th June 2005

Drives ya MAD!

heh
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamine
ah, the joys of the music business!
.... and some manipulation.....
Old 27th June 2005
Gear Maniac

I find the few and I mean FEW instances that I have run ins with clients, Money is the root of it.

Example, the last 2 clients I had to fire wanted free production assistance, free BGV vocals, etc..... When I mentioned that if you want me the ENGINEER to produce your track you need some cash the guy went ballistic.

So I fired him.

I dont mind helping a guy out, but dont ask me to produce your vocals. Fix flats sharps/timing OK no prob, but to tell you how to rap or sing your verses. Not my Job. Unless you pay me to be the producer.

Money tends to be the absolute root of everything.
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Easy Solution

Just Print the Fx next Time on New Tracks. Mute the tracks that are not processed.
I engineered a track that Tom Lord-Algae mixed, his mxing requirements were a long list of not to do's. One was get rid of all automation and print important FX.
You can read the list at my web site www.bluethumbproductions.com under client access, protools guidelines. I just put my name in place of his.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search