The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Shadow Hills compressor?
Old 2nd December 2005
Lives for gear

Me too....not the comp, but the Deluxe summing mixer. I was so excited, now I am not sure I even care so much. It better rock ass after racking up 5 months on my credit card interest!
Old 2nd December 2005
Lives for gear

7 page post and not one shipped. I wish I could sell albums this easy before people even heard the artist!

Well, I guess Ashley Simpson did that with her debut. No single, nothing released at all, and debuted at #1 in Billboard. Made me laugh.
Old 29th December 2005
Gear Maniac

SH Compressor

Its coming....real soon

I want to be one of the first to post it when I get one hopefully soon!!!
Old 29th December 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84K
7 page post and not one shipped. I wish I could sell albums this easy before people even heard the artist!
Yeah no kidding.

Quote:
Well, I guess Ashley Simpson did that with her debut. No single, nothing released at all, and debuted at #1 in Billboard. Made me laugh.

Please say it isn`t so !

How did this happen ?
Old 29th December 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojava
Its coming....real soon

I want to be one of the first to post it when I get one hopefully soon!!!
Do you have some new info?
Old 17th January 2006
Lives for gear

comp

Anybody heard anything lately from Pete or Mike N about when the comp will start shipping?

Old 17th January 2006
Lives for gear

Nothing
Old 17th January 2006
Rep
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge
Yep.
Wow RoundBadge I feel so bad for you,
You paid in full half year ago didient you !
...in a cash CD you could have some big bucks on that .....
Old 17th January 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep
Wow RoundBadge I feel so bad for you,
You paid in full half year ago didient you !
...in a cash CD you could have some big bucks on that .....

Also PIF, and Still Waiting...
Old 17th January 2006
Lives for gear

Me, too. But I will say this: Peter Reardon's a really great guy. I know he feels terrible about the delays. Every time I talk to him, he sounds down and stressed. My monitor console that he made me is built like a tank and sounds beyond words. I know that his new compressor will be worth the wait. And I'm glad that Reardon cares so much about the quality of his new product that he doesn't just rush it out so that he can stuff he bank account.

Just hope it comes out soon
Old 17th January 2006
Lives for gear

I'm also waiting.............PIF............Peter is great, though.......hope I get it before I die..............still waiting for my GAMA8, too.............................................................................................................................................
Old 17th January 2006
Lives for gear

Very true....I am still waiting for my GAMA 8 as well and though it's been a while, Peter has been very forthright and honest about the delays.

I would rather wait longer for a superlative product than have him rush it out the door, only to have it not meet an exacting standard. His obsession with his products shows his dedication....I know the wait will be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetness
Me, too. But I will say this: Peter Reardon's a really great guy. I know he feels terrible about the delays. Every time I talk to him, he sounds down and stressed. My monitor console that he made me is built like a tank and sounds beyond words. I know that his new compressor will be worth the wait. And I'm glad that Reardon cares so much about the quality of his new product that he doesn't just rush it out so that he can stuff he bank account.

Just hope it comes out soon
Old 24th January 2006
Lives for gear

Just got off the phone with Mike Nehra who was telling about the Shadow Hills compressor, which he finally heard. He was blown away. He said it does that gluey LA3A thing and is an SSL on steroid. He said there's nothing weird or funky about it, that it works like adream. Just as I'm hanging up with Nehra, Reardon calls. He's moved into his new place and has turned a corner. He's got things working and told me that he's finally happy with the compressor and that it's everything he's wanted it to be. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 24th January 2006
Lives for gear

LA3A thing or LA2A thing? Sorta different, just thought I'd check to make sure you weren't refering to the later????

Old 24th January 2006
Gear Maniac

Great news!

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Mike Nehra who was telling about the Shadow Hills compressor, which he finally heard. He was blown away. He said it does that gluey LA3A thing and is an SSL on steroid. He said there's nothing weird or funky about it, that it works like adream. Just as I'm hanging up with Nehra, Reardon calls. He's moved into his new place and has turned a corner. He's got things working and told me that he's finally happy with the compressor and that it's everything he's wanted it to be. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Tet: Thanks for the Update. I will be speaking with Peter Reardon tomorrow and see how we are looking.

Great talking with you the other day!

Cheers,

Mojava
Old 24th January 2006
Gear Guru

Damnit!! ..I'm gettin all excited again..and of course I've gone and spent waaay too much money on other Sh*t lately..{Mo and TET know!$$$ ]
...Along with a new Cooper CS106 location mixer and Avocet this week!
F*ckk,I hate when that happens..my credit cards start to burn in the wallet!
So Mike really likes it huh?
I wonder if could it really be bye bye C-2 time!?!
But secretly I'm
Old 17th March 2006
Gear Maniac

January 24th to March 17.....any new newz?

Quote:
Anybody receive the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor yet?

Old 17th March 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by transfiguration
Anybody receive the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor yet?

I spoke to Peter and he said I should be getting mine next week....fingers crossed...not holding my breath though...

He is awfully close though!

Mojava
Old 17th March 2006
Lives for gear

This is crazy I'm sorry you guys are still waiting..I have been waiting almost a month for my Germanium and it's killing me..7 months is cruel
Old 17th March 2006
Lives for gear

Not quite seven, but it may be before we have it in hand! I ordered mine October 6th. Who's ahead of me? Mojava? Anyone else?
Old 17th March 2006
Gear Nut

Amazing. I had actually placed an order for one back in early September. I cancelled the order in January and was sure that as soon as I did that they'd start shipping. I was wrong. I just couldn't justify racking up interest on the deposit any longer, and I'm glad I made the decision to not wait around. I'm still excited to hear how they sound, and hopefully some time in the hazy future I'll actually end up with one at my place after all...
Old 17th March 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah, I would have done the same if it had been sitting on a credit card the whole time. I need my gear to be paying for itself right away! At this point, I'm debt free. Trying to buy a house

But gear lust always ensues......

dfegad credit card companies
Old 17th March 2006
Gear Guru

Damnit, you guys got me thinking about it again!
I've been waiting to hear one since last june..
He will come through.. all in good time.thumbsup
Old 18th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater
Not quite seven, but it may be before we have it in hand! I ordered mine October 6th. Who's ahead of me? Mojava? Anyone else?

I believe Roundbadge ordered his in July!

That's the way it goes with boutique stuff I suppose...it sure looks coolthumbsup
Old 18th March 2006
Gear Head

a little loan to SH

<<He's got things working and told me that he's finally happy with the compressor and that it's everything he's wanted it to be >> posted earlier.

So let me understand this. You guys paid in full for a product that wasn't even finally designed yet ? And a 10% deposit was unacceptable, it had to be paid in full.
You know the credit card rules are you have to file disputes within 6 months of charge.
So at this point in time if you haven't filed a dispute and shadow hills goes under....
which I'm sure is unlikely.
Old 18th March 2006
Lives for gear

In that case, I would expect Vintage King to cover it. They are the dealer.

Pretty harsh "what if", though. Go smoke some cush or something...
Old 18th March 2006
Lives for gear

Actually, I believe they've stopped taking payment in full for Shadow Hills gear at the outset....
Old 18th March 2006
Lives for gear

Oh, now I feel much better about being PIF since September for my Deluxe

....Peter emailed me at the end of Feb saying it woudl be ready mid to late March....we'll see I guess.
Old 20th March 2006
Gear Maniac

I/O configuration?

Any ideas on what the rear in/out configuration will be on the back of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor?

trans
Old 25th March 2006
Rep
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by transfiguration
Any ideas on what the rear in/out configuration will be on the back of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor?

trans
yes... I called and found out , a little bit about it ...
but in true Shadow Hills style ... I will get back to you with the Details in a YEAR.
do like me, get your money out of it, and get some good gear ...that is actually around . thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search