The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FOR SALE: SPL Transient Designer 2 channel, $500.
Old 25th June 2005
Gear Head

Hello All,

Here's the info:

I bought a 2 channel Transient Designer from Merc. Audio a couple of months back for a project I was working on, but the band ended up dissapating before mixing... so this thing is pretty much brand new. I have the box, manuals, and the original invoice. Used for 30 minutes.

It's an amazing piece of equipment, I just don't have any projects to mix right now and I want to put together some spending for my vacation.

More info @ http://www.spl-usa.com/index.html
I live in CT and would be willing to drive to most places in the NE. Or we can do a paypal/mail thing - as long as buyer pays shipping and paypal costs.

e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested~!
Old 25th June 2005
Lives for gear

I've been thinking about one of these units for a while. How do you like it? Did it work ok for the project you where working on? I play/record drumset mainly so I've wanted to try one of these after it being recommended by others.
Old 25th June 2005
Gear Head

Well, we never made it to mixing, so I didn't get a chance to use it for real. BUT when I played with it for a little while I could see it was a pretty crazy little device.

Kind of hard to explain what it's doing, but the result can be really cool - take a close miced snare that sound weak and hollow, and you really can add snap, without making the hat bleed in like crazy (like if you used a compressor). So that's one way to use it...

The other way is to cut sustain, which can be good for taking the constant resonating out of a poorly tuned floor tom or kick etc. Basically making them more tight. But it's REALLY good for taming cymbal wash.

Someday I will buy another one, maybe the 4 channel verseion... It's really a great piece of gear, I just need the dogh for fun in the sun!

- Greg
Old 25th June 2005
Lives for gear

I would like to have it but I don't have the bread right now. If I did I would snatch it up in a second. I'm just a poor boy from a poor family. I doubt you will still have it by the time I have the money. Oh well, post back or send me an email if you still have it in a couple of weeks. thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search