The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
delay
Old 24th June 2005
delay

how many delays you use per track, and how do you use it? do you use it instead of reverb to fill space & give depth?

given an rnb or a pop track.. no king tubby business this time
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Maniac

I use delay all the time. Mostly on Vocals as a slap back or sometimes on chorus for a trailing effect. It can really help put things in the pocket for you and add interesting demension. I do you use a slap back on drum tracks also,sometimes, it can be very cool.
For slap back try something around 50 ms and you can adjust your feedback accordingly. I like about 20%.
Just play around with it. It can be a cool thing.

B
Old 24th June 2005
nice 1. anyone else? i keep hearing about people using like 3-4 delays per track, set to different times
Old 25th June 2005
Gear Head

You're talking about them fancy multi-tap delays you can set to different musical timings.

I've found that's just a little too dense for already dense pop arrangements, and when the arrangement's sparse enough for the individual delays to be appreciated in their own musical context, it becomes just a little cheese.

Anybody want to fight me on this?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search