The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trend Setters vs Trend Followers?
Old 22nd June 2005
Trend Setters vs Trend Followers?

Who would you consider to be a trend setter these days as opposed to merely following a trend?
This does not have to be limited to artists. Is iTunes a trend setter?
Are there specific producers or engineers creating with a new and different slant?
Old 5th August 2007
Gear Addict

The Gold Medal Goes To ... Le Juwan S'il Vous Plait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Who would you consider to be a trend setter these days as opposed to merely following a trend?
This does not have to be limited to artists. Is iTunes a trend setter?
Are there specific producers or engineers creating with a new and different slant?
Before John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, Zepplin, Cream, Neil Young, David Bowie, Queen, Ted Nugent, Grand Funk or any of the other Brit glam rock bands in the 70s, or the 80s Kiss, ACDC, Aerosmif, Bon Jovi, etc., ad nauseum bands … the homegrown and trendsetting NJ phenomenon ‘STARZ’ set the standard for ALL that came after them. The music industry never saw it and it went right by them like a Comet …. blind as the fvvking bats that they are and will always be.

In every generation there comes a Nexus where something significant happens that affects everybody whether they liked it or not, and whether they realized it or not. As far as this chickensheat Music Industry is concerned, it wasn’t the Beatles, or the Stones, or the Monkees, or the Mamas and Papas, or Apple Studios in London. It wan’t Rupert Neve, or API or Eddie Kramer and Jimi Hendrix, or Woodstock, or the Vietnam War and the displaced non-conformist stoned cold rejection generation.

Feast your eyes and ears on what a Rock ‘n Roll band is supposed to sound and look like.

Luv ya guys. You’ll always be my inspiration barring NONE!

You are the Gold Medal!

Richie Ranno
Joe Duby
Michael Lee Smith
Peter Sweval
Brenden Harkin

YouTube - STARZ - Cherry Baby

StarzCentral

but dat’s what I tink!

fuggottahere … fuggedaboudit!

~skygod~
Old 5th August 2007
Lives for gear

Just think without STARZ the world may have never seen great bands
like Motley Crue and Poison. I think if anyone set the glam metal trend it was Angel
from Revere, MA, They were together in 74. What about Queen?
Old 5th August 2007
Lives for gear

dbl post
Old 5th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Before John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, Zepplin, Cream, Neil Young, David Bowie, Queen, Ted Nugent, Grand Funk or any of the other Brit glam rock bands in the 70s, or the 80s Kiss, ACDC, Aerosmif, Bon Jovi, etc., ad nauseum bands … the homegrown and trendsetting NJ phenomenon ‘STARZ’ set the standard for ALL that came after them. The music industry never saw it and it went right by them like a Comet …. blind as the fvvking bats that they are and will always be.
What?

Am I reading this wrong? Starz formed in the 70s, much after most of those great bands. After close to 30yrs in the biz I have yet to meet anyone who sites them for anything. Mentioning them with the likes of Zep, Cream etc.. is beyond the realms of my logic.
Old 5th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cherry, Cherry Baby. Cherry, Cherry Oh yeah!
Deep lyrics. The Bay City Rollers would be proud.
Old 5th August 2007
Motown legend

I'd sure like to see more musical trend setters than producer or engineer trend setters.
Old 5th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
I'd sure like to see more musical trend setters than producer or engineer trend setters.

i whole heartedly agree

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search