The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
what is a good drum sample cd for drumagog?
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

what is a good drum sample cd for drumagog?

i have drumagog 4.0 but the only samples i have are the ones that come with it.

i am looking for a sample cd that will work with metal drummers.

i need a sample cd that i can load into my drive and it will work without problems.

i am looking at the "rock drums" on the gog site.

any others?

thx -jay
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

record your own samples... it is always best.
Old 21st June 2005
Farview's Rock Drums for Drumagog...

www.rock-drums.com
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84K
record your own samples... it is always best.

i dont wat the hassle of doing that either.

massive- yea i have been looking at the fairview set..it seems to be the ticket at this point.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Drumkit from Hell

I've had good success beefing up my own drum tracks with samples from an Alesis D4 underneath.!
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Maniac

Hm, to be the contrarian I have to say Purrrfect Drums by Studiocat. They actually sell a Drumagog version of their library. To my ears the sound quality is excellent, though the snares are a little flat sounding (but I think they released it this way so you can use your own compression).

Link:

http://www.drumagog.com/purrrfect.asp

Only $199! (and I'm not a shill). I'm a proud owner of the GigaStudio version, which has the same sounds. I have to say their kick drums are really great, and the cymbals are nice too.

If you want to hear some programming with this library, you can hear a sample here.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

thanks bolt thrower, i was wondering about that cd.

i tried using the alesis d4 one time and it was a major p.i.t.a.

i hear a lot of people talk about the drums from hell but i hear so muany people have trouble with it also so i don tthing im going to go that route.

i wish they made it in gog format.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman72
thanks bolt thrower, i was wondering about that cd.

i tried using the alesis d4 one time and it was a major p.i.t.a.

i hear a lot of people talk about the drums from hell but i hear so muany people have trouble with it also so i don tthing im going to go that route.

i wish they made it in gog format.
I would only use the .wav samples from DFH and trigger them within Drumagog. I do the same thing with my D4. I'll play a patch from my D4 with my keyboard, run it through my API chain into Protools. It works great! Endless possibilies!
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Maniac

DFH (version 1) is not nearly as problematic as DFH Superior (version 2). But, both versions ship with the WAV files organized into regular subdirectories. So, if you have the patience, you could buy the libraries and then program them into GOG format yourself...
Old 23rd June 2005
lwr
Gear Addict

have you got a sample of how that sounds rick?
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

Hey folks, my company BIG STUDIO DRUM SAMPLES is releasing a drum sample CD that will be the last you'll ever need. Due out in early July, it has many unique things not found on most drum sample CDs.. I've talked about it in some other threads but lets just get to an actual audio example:

This first small wav file HAS NO DRUM SAMPLES, IT IS THE ACTUAL RECORDED DRUMS. Again, NO DRUM SAMPLES. The snare was a piccolo, not very fitting for the song.

http://www.bangrecording.com/music/1...ording.com.wav

This wav file has one of the HUNDREDS of snare and kick SAMPLES from BIG STUDIO DRUM SAMPLES augmenting the original kick and snare:

http://www.bangrecording.com/music/1...ording.com.wav

There are many unique features that separate BIG STUDIO DRUM SAMPLES from any drum sample disc on the market. To name a few, we ask you, does your drum CD:

Have samples that are modeled after the most respected and sought after drum sounds on some of the most famous albums?

Create different sounding samples by utilizing different tuning/dampening on each drum? What about sampling each drum with different types of drum heads?

Have samples that are processed with some of the most famous audio gear like API, Neve, DBX, SSL, Distressor, Universal Audio, Pultec, SPL Transient Designer and more?

And what if we took each drum and sampled it through different chains of the above audio gear, for instance Ludwig Chrome Snare to chain A (API 550A, Distressor) and then sampled again through chain B (Neve 1081, SSL G384) creating two unique drum sounds for you to choose from? Which one will it be for your newest mix, the crisp and fat Neve/SSL combo or the tight and punchy API/Distressor Combo?? Maybe a mix of both??

Does your disc contain separate samples of different mics on each drum, for instance, Pearl Maple Snare mic’d with close mic combo Beyer201/KM84 through both chain A and B (see above) and Pearl Maple Snare mic’d with close mic combo SM57/U87 through chain A and B, creating four sounds to choose from?

Does it give you the option to choose what kind of space you want the drum in, for example: close and tight, airy and natural, or big and roomy, for EACH drum through EACH eq/compression chain, with each tuning/head combo, with each mic combo? And if your drum CD has room mics, does it have them with “distressor nuke’d” room mics as well?

Are the samples 100% ready to be placed in a mix, with NO additional processing or tweaking needed?

What about the old trick of mixing in an ultra compressed hit in with a non compressed hit? Do any of your drum sample CDs do that?

If not, then you're going to love BIG STUDIO DRUM SAMPLES. Its all about two things. OPTIONS, and SERIOUSLY PUNCHY FAT DRUM HITS!!

EMAIL [email protected] TO with the subject "put me on the drum sample list" to be added to our mailing list.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search