The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
the $80 analog summing wonderbox
Old 29th December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Thanks.
But how to deal with a mono source that you want to process in the analog domain (and stay there)?
A trusty Y-cable...the original "Summing Box"!
Old 12th December 2010
Lives for gear
I know I digging up a centuries old thread - but does this thing still exist? The audiomidi link seems to have gone the way of old-yellow

I'd be interested in grabbing one just to see how the midi automation worked, not just for summing - maybe to bastardise into controlling other otb knobs and pots via a DAW
Old 12th December 2010
Here for the gear

Hi guys,

A friend of mine picked up 5 of these Niche's and he asked me to preform the mods for him. I'm goig for the LME49740 opamps. They are just 3,25 euro a piece with a minimum order of 25 at Digikey. Since i'll be needing 20 opamps (there are four of them in each Niche) its seems a good deal. Another friend of mine also has one ACM so the remaining 5 LME's are also spoken for.
One question though regarding the cap substitute....are the caps that need to be swapped the 22uF in caps or the 100uF out caps?
I got the recommended 220uF Panasonic FM's.

Thanks for your help.
I'll put up some pics of the work.
Old 8th December 2015
Lives for gear
Really old thread but interested if these are still being used.
Dender…did you get the mods done?
cheers
M
Old 3rd January 2016
Gear Maniac

This could be nice with a Behringer BCF2000 on the side. Someone tried this already???
Old 3rd January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Thanks.
But how to deal with a mono source that you want to process in the analog domain (and stay there)?
You either need a summing mixer with a few mono channels, or you can use sends from your DAW (A>D>A loop) before output to summing.
Old 19th May 2016
Lives for gear
I have two of these. But I also have an AMR 1600 so I have no need for them. I wonder how much I could sell em for...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search