The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Groove Tubes Glory Compressor
Old 21st June 2005
Gear Maniac

Groove Tubes Glory Compressor

This comp should be shipping at the end of June...coming up quickly!

If it is like the Vipre then it is going to be a beast.

Has anyone gotten to hear the prototypes? I talked to Patrick from Groove Tubes last week. He said that he has been trying it out and he loves it. I'm curious to know if anyone else over here has used one.
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Next time you talk to GT ask if it is based on any classic comps or if it is their own design. Also, i remember GT used to have a comp before the Alesis thing...the CL1s i think...does this design have anything to do with that one?

Thanks!
Old 21st June 2005
Gear Maniac

I'm pretty sure that it is not related at all to the old comp they had. I know that when Aspen set out to design this puppy he wanted to make what was in his opinion the ultimate tube compressor. It is the only comp currently in production that I know of that is 'all tube,' meaning the compression element and everything. I kind of get the idea that when they design something they go all out. It could have shipped already, but apparently they have been tweaking and calibrating all of the units to minimize or eliminate any problems with the first batch. You have to respect them for doing it right as opposed to pushing them out the door.

I'll ask if it's based on any of the classic comps, but I think the goal was to give a variety of tonal options. I do know in one of the ads that they compare the price of the Glory Comp to a $30,000 comp. I don't know a lot about the fairchild comps but I'm assuming that they were all tube also thus the comparison? Someone else probably knows more about them than me.
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Does anyone know what the cost will be?
Old 21st June 2005
Gear Maniac

Street Price will be the same as the Vipre...$2799.
Old 21st June 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburn34
....It is the only comp currently in production that I know of that is 'all tube,' meaning the compression element and everything....
Not so, Manley VariMu and the Requisite Audio spring to mind...
Old 21st June 2005
Gear Maniac

Any chance someone could lend me $2,799? I asked about these before, but got no response. They're in the new bsw catalog. Bswusa.com
Old 21st June 2005
Gear Maniac

i had a pretty thorough demo at the tapeop conference. it sounded good and offered tons of tweakability but didn't totally get me going like the chandler tg-1. ymmv.
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Farrant
Not so, Manley VariMu and the Requisite Audio spring to mind...
Maybe the Fairman, the EAR and that big, fat Anthony DeMaria?

Mercury too?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search