The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Are ITB mixdowns affected by the DA converters I use? Audio Interfaces
Old 13th January 2009
Here for the gear

Are ITB mixdowns affected by the DA converters I use?

Hey guys,
I have a question concerning converters.
I recorded a band with a MOTU 8pre and the mixes are pretty well done. Next week I will be getting a Lynx Aurora converter. Will it make any difference in my mixes if I wait for the new converter to do the mixdown? All this is being done ITB.

Any advice will be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason
Old 13th January 2009
Lives for gear

Um...Yes! Correctly configured I think you will hear a noticable difference with the Lynx stuff. The stock Motu stuff is not terrible, but you will hear a difference, especially in the high end.
Old 13th January 2009
Here for the gear

I'd say no, except for monitoring. When you are mixing ITB you don't use any converters (except for monitoring).

Andreas
Old 13th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomy View Post
I'd say no, except for monitoring. When you are mixing ITB you don't use any converters (except for monitoring).

Andreas
what he said.
monitoring only will be affected.
Old 13th January 2009
jhg
Lives for gear

It will be affected, just not directly. If you can hear more of the mix/more clearly, better separation, etc. then you will treat it differently, different EQing, compression, levels, panning, ya know, mixy stuff.

If your room and monitors aren't up to snuff, the DA change won't be as apparent.
Old 13th January 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhg View Post
It will be affected, just not directly. If you can hear more of the mix/more clearly, better separation, etc. then you will treat it differently, different EQing, compression, levels, panning, ya know, mixy stuff.

If your room and monitors aren't up to snuff, the DA change won't be as apparent.
What he said.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search