Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Lurk
Damn,

it's getting unreadable now

can't find this in the manual.

Where the hell is it ?

HELP !
Those things get really hot, and when they do, the screen gets all dark. Make sure you don't put anything above it in your rack...that should help.
Old 20th June 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater
Those things get really hot, and when they do, the screen gets all dark. Make sure you don't put anything above it in your rack...that should help.

Absolutely true.

Or you may need a new battery.
Old 20th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor
Absolutely true.

Or you may need a new battery.
interesting, I didn't know a low battery could be the problem

I must say it started as soon as everything got a bit crowded in the reverb rack

Still I'm puzzled by the absence of fine tuning in this unit
Old 20th June 2005
Lives for gear

By this time all M7..D7..R7...n' F7's will need battery replacement...and the display aint cheap either. Sony service one of the few avenues.
Old 20th June 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Lurk
interesting, I didn't know a low battery could be the problem

I must say it started as soon as everything got a bit crowded in the reverb rack

Still I'm puzzled by the absence of fine tuning in this unit

You have to have at least one open rack space above.

Its heat vents are on top not in the back.
Old 20th June 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor
You have to have at least one open rack space above.

Its heat vents are on top not in the back.
Had the same problem... Heat was the cause of it all. The displays did eventually come back for the most part.
Old 21st June 2005
One with big hooves

I had an R7 on loan for a bit and it had the "dark" display. After about two hours it would turn black and I couldn't read a damn thing off it...too bad because the box sounded great! At the time (maybe a two years ago) Sony told me that it was unrepairable...that's a bummer.
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear
Holy Crazy. My display had gone completely 'dark' (just characters became blacked out) and I was messing around trying to pull the button cell off the board and also pulled out the display connector on the same board. After having read about the possible trim pot - I thought I'd restart the thing - suddenly got the message across the screen 'ALL RESET - Sony DPS-RY Sony Corporation etc etc' - display is magically FIXED now. So - all I can suggest from this experience is - open it up, try moving the battery around a little and unplug/replug the display connector (a little deoxit won't hurt either) and see if that does something. My best guess is that it's due to oxidization on the card connector terminals that functions like a capacitor and throws off the values of the circuit - either the friction-cleaning or the actual reset seems to fix the display- at least in my case.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search