The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"Record Producer from Dimension X"
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Addict

"Record Producer from Dimension X"

del
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Addict

It looks like a way less believable version of the mixerman story.
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Addict

del
Old 13th October 2005
Gear Addict

del
Old 13th October 2005
Gear Guru

This Jackal has been banned from the MARSH no less than a dozen times.

Pricey: Stop spamming the forums.

Nobody cares. Mixerman did it first and better.

You wrote this out of Jealousy. Grow up.

Read the original. www.mixerman.net
Old 13th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Produceher
This Jackal has been banned from the MARSH no less than a dozen times.

Pricey: Stop spamming the forums.

Nobody cares. Mixerman did it first and better.

You wrote this out of Jealousy. Grow up.

Read the original. www.mixerman.net
The Sh&t Brigades are BAAACCKKK!!!

I thought I recognized some of the tags on the AMS-Neve summing bus thread, but this confirms it.

We all go off to NYC for the AES convention, and the vultures swarm in our absence.

Let's all give a warm welcome to Those Who Are Without A Life.

...zzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Old 14th October 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Dominant

Let's all give a warm welcome to Those Who Are Without A Life.

...zzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Are you talking about me?
Old 14th October 2005
One with big hooves

BTW

I made the mistake of clicking on that link last night and I'm pretty sure that the pop-up ads when I backed out were what destroyed the OS on my office machine. Within minutes of closing out things got all weird and windows started opening & closing on their own and within 15 minutes the machine was dead. It was a sneaky sucker, got rast past Norton and Spywear Doctor...I spent all day today reinstalling XP and the rest of the software.

Consider 'yerselfs warned!
Old 14th October 2005
Gear Addict

Really? I've eread the entire thing and I really enjoyed it...it starts off like the mixerman diaries. but about halfway it turns into this insane psuedo-political piss-take on "our" dimension.... Like I said, I dug it.

I don't know about any pop-ups, I've read it on a few comps and it's always been a really normal simple page....
Old 14th October 2005
Gear Addict

del
Old 14th October 2005
Gear Addict

del
Old 14th October 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Dominant
...Let's all give a warm welcome to Those Who Are Without A Life.

...zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Well, when I am not frying up Philly cheese steaks at my real job I spend my time evaluating high-end audio gear by looking at it and making grand pronouncements...that and asking ******** questions about the use of D.I.'s.

These serious audio investigations have earned me a reputation as an expert in my part time field of record production. Sure I could spend years working in real studios with real gear but I am so good at audio related jobs I just have to imagine how nice my records will sound while I am cleaning the dish pit and voila!...another gem in my jewellery case of shining sapphires!

I know it is hard to believe nobody has hired me to work in a commercial studio but that is mostly jealousy on the part of those guys who know I would end up with all of the clients, let's face it...with my sparkling personality, rapier wit, immense knowledge of the craft and years of leaving the kitchen and going straight to my 001 studio I am almost without peer in the business!!

It is this combination of humility and unbridled talent that allows me the chance to talk to gear pimps at trade shows and not have them laugh in my face. It also allows me to make pronouncements as to who does and doesn't need to get a life....who is a better judge of wasted time on the internet than me!!!

Cheers,
AardominantVArk
Old 14th October 2005
Gear Addict

"On second thought, let's NOT go to the MARSH. 'Tis a silly place."
Old 14th October 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris
"On second thought, let's NOT go to the MARSH. 'Tis a silly place."

What was that story about the Fox and the grapes again?
Old 14th October 2005
Here for the gear

Wow...

You guys are getting schooled by a line chef/hack AE wannabe and some homeless dude.

Outstanding.
Old 14th October 2005
Lives for gear

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I think it is...

I ordered the fries "crunchy" not "seasoned"....please take them back and tell the chef to pay attention to what he's getting PAID to do....
Old 15th October 2005
Gear Nut

now, guys...you're getting into deep water here. This guy curve may be a part-timer, but he works with some of the best kit in the business...

...hobart...

...jordon...

...imperial...

...vulcan...

...salamander...

...sub-zero...

...ginsu...

the list just goes on and on!

now, if someone would make a halfway decent "cilantro" plugin, I'd be a MUCH HAPPIER MAN.

zowd
Old 15th October 2005
Gear Nut

Just a quick note.... if Pricey is a **** brigadier, then, because I didn't send any money to Bush, I'm a member of John Kerry's transition team.

that's how it works, right?

zowd
Old 15th October 2005
Gear Addict

You guys should show more respect to Curve Dominant. I'd be THRILLED to a be a chef in an upscale restaurant. Instead, I have to accept the lowly position of Enfixer of Musical Instrumentalities, since I have no marketable skills or endoskeleton.

This thread is embarassing. I'm glad I'm no longer associated with that **** Brigadoon crowd.
Old 15th October 2005
Gear Nut

Well, first of all, a chef is a chef, a recording engineer is a recording engineer, an hobo is a hobo and a gear pimp is a gear pimp.

I don't take cooking advice from gear pimp, recording advice from a cook, lifestyle advice a hobo and viceversa, and I don't appreciate hobos who try to pass as recording engineers or cooks who try to do the same. It's as simple as that.

I'd however take advice from mr. dominant on which set of knives are better to slice beef, which bakery makes the best rolls, whether to cook onions digitally or analogically and suggestions on produce.
Old 15th October 2005
One with big hooves

Brutal.

Absolutely brutal.
Old 15th October 2005
Gear Addict

I'm a recording engineer trying to pass as a hobo. They spotted me right away because I didn't know the third verse to "Big Rock Candy Mountain."
Old 15th October 2005
Gear Head

I know JP22.

And you're no JP22.

Maybe 23.

Lives for gear

isn't there something fitting about having both pricey and curve dominant on the same thread?
Old 15th October 2005
Gear Guru

I still believe that Pricey may know a little bit about something.

Not clear what that is.
Old 16th October 2005
Lives for gear

Pricey was never a member of the **** brigade. Perhaps due to some sort of 'Stockholm Syndrom', he identified with his SB tormentors, and while being bitch-slapped for the fixnum-th time he imagined that he was undergoing some sort of extended hazing ritual. Patty Hearst with a 007!

I read a few pages of it. Pricey has accomplished something, and I am impressed, but my RX is that now that he has his keyboard warmed up, he find a story that is not a cover of the mixerman diaries.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search