The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studios in Denver, CO?
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Studios in Denver, CO?

I've been asked to work on a project in the Denver, CO area. Need the names of some decent Mid Level studios that except freelance engineers/producers. Looking for decent board and/or nice pre amps, Decent mic collection, Pro Tools rig, and friendly environment. Thanks for any help.

B
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Nut

To start, what's your timeframe? I'm involved with a mid-sized project studio that should be opening in about 6 weeks. Email me if you're curious.

There's a pretty detailed list here:

http://www.coloradomusic.org/studios.html

There are a lot of small Mackie 24/8 and D8 rooms around. I don't know of any "choice" consoles around. To save you some time, some of the larger facilities (Denver's high end is probably about equivalent to the middle elsewhere).

Immersive in Boulder fits your description the best, I think. Euphonix into PT and plenty of tasty outboard. Very nice rooms, and probably open to freelanceers. In the same complex as Airshow Mastering, and Wind Over The Earth.

Colorado Sound in Westminster is another Euphonix into PT room. Modest but respectable outboard. Sorta a strange studio layout.

The Blasting Room in Fort Collins boasts the only SSL in the area. They're rather punk rock oriented, owned by Bill Stevenson of the Descendents. Tasty gear, but maybe not too freelance friendly.

Mountain Works in Idaho Springs comes as close to a Neve room as we get up here with an Amek 5.1 (IIRC). Not sure what the recording format is.

A couple that don't have much web info, but might be worth a phone call:
Rocky Mountain Recorders
FTM - At one time, they were the one of the nicest places around. These days, they don't return phone calls.

I hope this helps.

Byron Jacquot
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Head
I may be baised, but I say Immersive. Variable acoustics in the main tracking room, wicked mic collection, great outboard and lastly ME! heh On a serious note, what kind of project are you looking to do? There are many specialty studios around here, help us help you find a studio!

Chris

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search