The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
hiphop & rnb mastering
Old 18th June 2005
hiphop & rnb mastering

looking for good mastering, can you guys recommend good mastering studios/engineers for hiphop and rnb - in the UK or in the USA. many thanks

also if you know of the price range please post it.. for album projects. cheers!
Old 18th June 2005
Old 19th June 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlotto
cheers lotto.. anyone else?
i remember sterling sound nyc from a lot of 90s stuff.. whos the don these days? and how much would someplace like sterling sound charge?
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Addict

For hip hop (or anything else) you CAN'T go wrong with Brain "Big Bass" Gardner.
http://bigbassbrian.com/index.htm

Do a search on artist direct.com and look up his name. He had done plenty of Hip hop. Dre gave him the name "Big Bass". Hope this helps.

Peace
Old 19th June 2005
Lives for gear

Herb Powers NYC
Old 19th June 2005
thanks dudes... is this the same herb powers who is credited on a lot of disco records?
Old 19th June 2005
Lives for gear

the same... look for his signature and comments between the last track and the label on the old 12" vinyl.
One man's disco is another's R&B
Old 19th June 2005
hehe yeah i remember theres some writing on unique "what youve got is what i need"... fat sounding cut!! real loud and fat sound

the only thing i find with even the fattest disco masters,maybe the sound systems were different back then but these days musics got a lot more subs and seems a little more "full spectrum".. but i love early 80s nyc stuff it sounds sick
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

http://www.truebusyness.de/

he is also a member here!
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandino221 View Post
For hip hop (or anything else) you CAN'T go wrong with Brain "Big Bass" Gardner.
http://bigbassbrian.com/index.htm

Do a search on artist direct.com and look up his name. He had done plenty of Hip hop. Dre gave him the name "Big Bass". Hope this helps.

Peace
That looks like a geocities website from 10 years ago... done by a 10 year old in their first month of web dev.
Old 3rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
That looks like a geocities website from 10 years ago... done by a 10 year old in their first month of web dev.
I think a 10 year old kid in it's first month of web dev will create a better one heh
Old 3rd January 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
no doubt. had a good laugh lookin at that one.
Statikat your avatar.....that the bad guy from that kungfu movie with bruce leroy? el debarge was in that movie. so good! havent seen that in ages. ...."I got the GLOW!!" gotta go find that one.
Old 4th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, it's not as if you're hiring him for his web design abilities!

Brian "Big Bass" rocks. I've had albums mastered by him incl. some wide-release hip-hop stuff.

Check out Louie Teran at Marcussen marcussenmastering.com

Believe it or not, he was heavily involved with West Coast hip-hop before he went into mastering. The tracks I brought him turned out superb, although his discography shows more soundtrack & rock work (Snow Patrol, Da Vinci Code, Dave Matthews Band). Highly recommended.

Can't go wrong with either of those guys. And, if you do go to Big Bass, have them make you a cappuccino while you're there. Bernie Grundman's has the best cappuccinos in town.
Old 4th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Sartiano View Post
Can't go wrong with either of those guys. And, if you do go to Big Bass, have them make you a cappuccino while you're there. Bernie Grundman's has the best cappuccinos in town.
Right man, noone will give these guys a mastering job, because of their skills in webdesign. And noone will give them a mastering job because of their nice cappuccinos!

heh

Sorry you forced me to say that! BTW: Your track Alone on your myspace account is real nice, to me! Any more informations about that project?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search