The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plastic washers for rackmounting
Old 2nd September 2016
[QUOTE=louis1;12108790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transistor View Post

Hi I've looked at these and they don't give the head size. the best match I've seen is some from B&Q but still the head of the screw isn't as big as the washer and can come out of centre when screwed in and makes it look a bit odd. So I'm trying to find a would type screw that will fit into the washers I've got shown in the picture .
Hm. I think we may be talking past each other. The ones pictured are not wood-screws, they are metal/machine/"rack" screws. They work if you are using a screw-rack-nut system, not with wood "rails". For the latter you need something sharp and pointy (but with flat/non-countersunk heads).

r,
j,
Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=Transistor;12109724]
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis1 View Post

Hm. I think we may be talking past each other. The ones pictured are not wood-screws, they are metal/machine/"rack" screws. They work if you are using a screw-rack-nut system, not with wood "rails". For the latter you need something sharp and pointy (but with flat/non-countersunk heads).

r,
j,
Yes i know what you mean , the ones you linked to look like wood screws which i looked at but like i say the link/website don't seem to give the screw head size....unless you can confirm that they will fit into the washers i posted pics of, but just ignore the screw/bolts in these pictures as i just pulled them off the net.

Sorry for any confusion.
Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsguitar View Post
I've just used Nylon washers on both sides for 20 + years with no issues - for some reason I always used an Allen head also.
These power amps have some pretty good weight and have been all over with no signs of stress.

Nice Screws/ and equipment, are they screwed into metal rack rails or wood. ?
Old 6th September 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis1 View Post
Nice Screws/ and equipment, are they screwed into metal rack rails or wood. ?
Metal rack rails. Shock Cases are made by Stomping Ground Music years ago and did not disappoint.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search