The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The famous Nickelback dual song mix
Old 21st February 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
thanks kelly. just tryin to spread the word. we all gotta do our part to **** on nickelback. it is just too easy.
It wasnt a compliment. The Nickelback recordings are top notch. I was making it obvious that you searched and trolled out a bunch of NB threads. Those are the kind of posts that make it so people like Joey Moi avoid the forums.
Old 21st February 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody's x View Post
what did Malcom Young say?

"we've been playing the same song for 30 years, but it's a really good song"

something like that
LOL!!! He is my HERO!!!
Old 21st February 2008
Lives for gear

chuck berry
Old 21st February 2008
Lives for gear

Wow, shock horror Nickelback must be 'bad' it's proved in a back to back of two of their songs....

Wonder what would happen if we did this for ZZ-Top or Status Quo ! Some people have to much time on their hands
Old 21st February 2008
Gear Maniac

I suggest you DO that whit zz top.

Do you really thin it's going to produce the same result?

nickelback was everything that is wrog with the music industry.

Bad vocals, Bad production, bad song"s", Great marketing.

Fix it in the marketing!
Old 21st February 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blearyoftimothy View Post
mike patton stole a song or two i imagine.
Ok, don't try to compare someone as obviously artistic as Mike Patton to Nickelback. He is actually trying to make art rather than sales.

Sales do not = talent.

Besides, have you ever read any interviews with Chad Kroger? Hilarious. The guy is a freakin' metalhead, he knows exactly what he's doing. Writing songs with the intent of being radio hits, simple music for simple minds. This is music SCIENCE, not art. A good example of that is Diane Warren. At one point she had seven hits, all by different artists, on the singles chart at the same time.

BTW, I think Nickelback actually were alright initially, I thought they had potential when I heard they're first album "The State," which is more or less ignored by radio and MTV. Just a straight up good post-grunge rock record, I remember my dismay when I first heard "How You Remind Me" debut on the radio. Of course it blew up and then every album after that was an album of "How You Remind Me"'s, but they rocked in the day, check it out if you can bite your tongue long enough to listen to Nickelback.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search