The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help with Lucid 8824
Old 30th March 2003
Here for the gear

Help with Lucid 8824

I am currently using the Digi 001 with good mic pres and mics and just picked up the 8824 going in/out with lightpipe. I have my monitors hooked up to output 1-2 on the Lucid. Now I have to change all tracks to that output to monitor but I can't overdub with headphones-I guess that output defaults to 1-2. I bussed all tracks to an aux with output set to 1-2 but it just doesn't sound good. I wanted to take advantage of the better conversion to monitor but I'm thinking of going back to monitor outs of the Digi and just tracking thru the Lucid. Is there a better way to interface?
As a side note, if anybody is familiar with Ethan Winer and his Bass Traps, I just completed his diy project for my square/box control room and I am simply amazed at how much the image as tightened up. No wonder it was hard to mix before with all those freqs flying around!

Thanks for any help
Old 1st April 2003
Lives for gear

Re: Help with Lucid 8824

Quote:
Originally posted by Ohso
I am currently using the Digi 001 with good mic pres and mics and just picked up the 8824 going in/out with lightpipe. I have my monitors hooked up to output 1-2 on the Lucid. Now I have to change all tracks to that output to monitor but I can't overdub with headphones-I guess that output defaults to 1-2. I bussed all tracks to an aux with output set to 1-2 but it just doesn't sound good. I wanted to take advantage of the better conversion to monitor but I'm thinking of going back to monitor outs of the Digi and just tracking thru the Lucid. Is there a better way to interface?
??? What is you exact problem? Or better jet what do you want to do?
Old 1st April 2003
Lives for gear

Re: Re: Help with Lucid 8824

Can't you mult the signal and send it to output 3-4? BTW the 8824 can drive headphones really well!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search