The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
European online retailers for Event Electronics?
Old 16th June 2005
Here for the gear

European online retailers for Event Electronics?

Well I've been searching the net for the past two days and I haven't found one that is not located in the UK. I'm planning on getting a pair of ASP8's but the UK prices are way too high for my liking. If you have anything in mind please post, I'd very much appreciate it

Also would it be wise if I got the from the US and used a power converter 220v to 110v?
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Hey, just letting you know that I had recently bought a pair of the ASP8's. I took them out of the box and found 1 had monitor had a bad power amp. Sent it back to Event took them 2 1/2 months to get it back to me. Plugged it in and it blew up. Litterally, smoke billowing out of the air holes. They told me that the company supplying there power amps had sent them some faulty ones. I'm told that I'm one of the only ones who've had trouble with them. But be warned if you buy from the US there may have been faulty components installed. Try looking at www.sweetwater.com
They sell for about $650.00 USD

B
Old 17th June 2005
Here for the gear

Seems like I'll be getting them from the US since I can't find a Euro retailer selling them for $650 approx. Now I'm worried a bit about the power thing. Gotta look up what I can do with that.
Old 17th June 2005
Gear Maniac

they're great monitors if they are put together correctly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search