The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
David Bianco
Old 16th June 2005
Here for the gear

David Bianco

David Bianco has put up his hand to mix my new record.
Have any of you guys worked with him.
Just wondering if he's a nice guy;
how happy were people with his mix's
He has worked on very diverse projects
Syliva massey is another we are looking at, altho her resume is probably too "ROCK"
Az
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

I'd work with Dave.
He's a very nice guy who's been around a long time and worked on many good records.
He's also very easy going, except when the same neve channel goes down for the 3rd time in one week.
Nobody's work is spot on all the time. We all know how many variables go into making a record.
Old 16th June 2005
He was in mixing the Dropkick Murphys latest CD and was a very personable guy. I didn't work with him, but I did hang out and chat a while, and got good vibes. The engineers who assisted him seemed to like him.
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Really nice guy, worked with him at Oceanway once many years ago. I think he listens louder than anyone I know.
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Rob, you have never worked with Battlecat.
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultools
I assisted Dave in Oceanway/Record One studio B, some rock band who I can't remember. Probably in about 1998. Deafeningly loud Tannoy's. No I haven't worked with Battlecat - he did the last Boo ya tribe record right ?
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Easy there, Rob...

Was just making a joke about how loud Battlecat monitors!
He is a producer who does a lot of West Coast Crip Hop... Snoop
I assure you that no one listens louder longer!

Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Easy there, Rob...

Was just making a joke about how loud Battlecat monitors!
He is a producer who does a lot of West Coast Crip Hop... Snoop
I assure you that no one listens louder longer!

Sorry about that, edited my post . . . . . . . . .
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

no prob, Rob thumbsup
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Maniac

dave mixed a record for me back in the 90s , i thought he did a really good job.
other guys i like in his veign.
michael barbeiro, joe blaney,the guy who did the new mars volta record (i just woke up sorry),me <hehe. .
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

I used to assist for Dave over at Larrabee all the time...probably the nicest guy I had the pleasure of working with, very down to earth. It's funny the only gear I remember him bringing was a GML Eq and an spx 990.
As far as his style, his whole thing is pushing up faders and carving the whole mix into place as opposed to soloing every instrument. I also recall he used to buss drums in parallel to a pair of 160x compressors and distressors every time.
-brian
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Maniac

i remember he was into those old school tannoy pbm 8's or 8.5's? .
Old 17th June 2005
Here for the gear

who

Very eclectic, Part Beck , but only in terms of recycling the old.
We don't use samples except when we using sampling techniques on our own music. Quiet a bit of strings in Beatles recycled Beck kind of way, but with harder edge. Very song orientated
Az
Old 17th June 2005
Quote:
I was working in the room across the hall from Battlecat and it was still loud in my room!

Johnny "J" of Tupac fame brought me into a studio one day to check out some mixes he was going to have me master. I had some ER-15 musician's ear plugs with me and had to discretely insert them after a minute. Great material though.

David is pretty loud too, but not as loud as these others. Generally speaking, a bunch of guys listen way too loud for their own good. Advice to assistants: always keep earplugs with you.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search