The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neumann Dynamic Mic...
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Neumann Dynamic Mic...

The time has finally come.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BCM705/
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Very cool..cuz I'm in the market for a LD dynamic mic Iwas thinking about the SM7 but I wonder how this baby stacks up. Anyone heard it?
Old 16th June 2005
Here for the gear

Well, Neumann is owned by Senheiser... So it seems a strategy to sell more dynamic mics changing their name (and design).
Surely it will work... the mic looks so SEXY... heh
Anybody doing an A/B with other Senheisers like the MD421?
Old 16th June 2005
500 series nutjob

looks cool!
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Kinda Expensive though for a dynamic mic....IMHO
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, Neumann is owned by Senheiser... So it seems a strategy to sell more dynamic mics changing their name (and design).
They state outright that the microphone is based on a Sennheiser capsule. And it's not that expensive in comparison to other high-end dynamics from Sennheiser, E/V, Shure, etc...

-Duardo
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

it's primary intention is for broadcast. they'll do fine in that market i'm sure. but of course some gearslut will try pimping it out on kick drum!
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

Over 800 dollars is expensive for a dynamic mike, when you can get a Shure SM7 for $350. IMHO heh
Old 17th June 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericperson
it's primary intention is for broadcast. they'll do fine in that market i'm sure. but of course some gearslut will try pimping it out on kick drum!
The RE20, SM7 and MD421 were designed primarily for broadcast, weren't they? Hasn't stopped engineers miking up kicks with em so far heh

Question is: has anyone ever tried using a D112, ATM25 or E602 as a voice over mic?
Old 17th June 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechstudio
Over 800 dollars is expensive for a dynamic mike, when you can get a Shure SM7 for $350. IMHO heh
Ah! But on this side of the pond

SM7B = £398

BCM705 = £329
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

Whoops...........my bad. Its the Broadcast condenser that's over $800 here. The dynamic is $499.

Tried the D112 on a metal vocalist once........didn't knock me out. (Maybe just didn't work on that particular vocalist). Ended up using a 57.
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Ah! But on this side of the pond

SM7B = £398

BCM705 = £329
Wow.........thats pretty expensive! What are they going for used over there?
Old 17th June 2005
Gear Addict

At that price I don't think there are enough of them over here for there to be enough to supply the used mics market.

You should see what an RE20 costs over here
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Addict

Can anyone explain why it is I could buy an RE20 from Germany (or Belgium even) for less than half of what it would cost to buy one here? INCLUDING postage.

Although, even in this case, the Neumann is cheaper. And that's not something you get to say very often heh

If I was running a commercial studio I'd think long and hard before buying from a British retailer. Pro or otherwise.

As it is, I'm perfectly happy with my MD421 and M99. Both of which I bought for less than £400
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Nut

I used a Beta 52 on a 7 1/2 foot tall metal singer that clipped every other mic I owned. He was hitting over 117 DB on the SPL meter from 6 feet away. REALLY LOUD. Neumann 147, CAD e-300, KSM-32, Rode k2, 414, SM57/58. Nothing else could handle him but that mic. Had to roll off the lows, but it worked for the stuff he was screaming.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search