The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nathan-Any info or pics of the new OSA comp up anywhere
Old 12th February 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by parasitk
Any news here? The suspense is killing me!
No offense to Nathan or OSA but I have to assume at this point these are just vaperware. We have been hearing "2 weeks or so now" for almost 8 months give or take. Maybe OSA just gave up on the idea because they are so busy making great preamps perhaps?

heh

I am sure they are selling a ton of preamps, from what I hear the pres are top notch.

Again not trying to start a fight, it just seems like things are taking much longer than it seems like it should and that makes me wonder what is up.
Old 13th March 2006
WHITEAUDIOLABs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Kahrs
Hey ummmm...where's the I/O for the linking and sidechain functions? Since 500 series racks have one set of XLR's per channel is there a module to module link cable or ???
I'll answer you the best I can since Dale or Nathan have not.

There are 3 sets of jumper pins for each module in the osa racks. The top set is the only one used currently for mic pre's. the jumpers should be on the bottom 2 pins of the 4 pin assembly. (+4) Underneath those you will see another set of 4 pins and then underneath those 4 pins you will see 2 horizontal pins. These all remain unconnected. How ever they were put there for products like the compressor. In mid November the linking or side-chaining capability was the only mountain left to climb for the circuit function, then my friend left the company so I don't know any more than that. I can say that the compressor design does exist, I helped dale make the very very first prototypes' board sometime in early may of 05' before tapeop and then when I left, my friend started, and thats all he did, work on getting that compressor finished so that the finished comp could be given to the guy Marshal who does all of Dales auto-cad. Once Marshal is done, all the parts can be made in mass quantity and then whom ever, can put it together, and then you guys can buy it.
Old 2nd April 2006
Gear Addict

Well all I know is I want one now. If they can get it working it would have to kick ass if it's anything like the pre's they make. I have some of those and they kick ass.
I just hope when they start taking orders they will let you buy 2. Got to have 2 ya know.

Help I need a comp in a 500 series format that is not the 525.
Old 2nd April 2006
One with big hooves

Ok, so it's now April 2nd...we've passed April Foolz Toolz day in most of the world...

So can anyone tell me with ANY authority...do these OSA compressor thingys exist yet?

Old 5th April 2006
(Here is what I had posted on another thread with the same question...)

Is the compressor being made?

Yes. The PCB boards are in the process of being made. So are the faceplates. All the other parts for the first production run of 100 units are sitting there at the factory in Phoenix, AZ. It's coming out come hell or high water.

When will it come out?

I won't give an exact date, or a price, but Atlas Pro Audio didn't invest 5 figures already into the manufacturer of this product for it to not exist. I've been given information consistently about the release time being '4-6 weeks' from last summer. It's just a matter of time, can't tell you when since OSA has been overly ambitious in their projections dating back to the TapeOp conference, followed by a long series of unforseen difficulties, such as major personnel changes, the owner having a wife living outside the US who has been pregnant during this whole interim until Febuary, plus actual BETA testing and changes to the circuit and board for minute tweaks. I was just told last week it would be 4-6 weeks, but it doesn't mean anything until I actual have some IGMs in hand. OSA feels obligated to tell me a time frame, yet it's going to be time that actual tells.

Thanks to all you out there who are anxiously waiting for the compressor.
We appreciate your kind and loyal support!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search