The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ENT or Audiologist Recommendations in L.A.?
Old 15th June 2005
Gear Nut

ENT or Audiologist Recommendations in L.A.?

Can anyone in the Los Angeles area recommend an ENT or audiologist? I need to get my hearing checked and possibly my ears cleaned. I have the lists of doctors in the area, but was hoping to get a recommendation from an AE.

thanks!
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

House Ear Clinic... On 3rd at Alvarado. Anybody there will be at the top of the field. They are used to working with musicians and such. While there, have them fit you for a set of the custom musician's ear plugs. Best sounding plugs out there....

http://www.houseearclinic.com/

--Ben
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Nut

Thanks Ben,

Yeah House Ear Clinic sounds terrific. The only problem is I don't think my insurance covers that particular clinic.

I wouldn't mind paying out of pocket if it's worth it. Any idea how much the rates are there?

thanks
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

They accept most insurance there... I have never had an issue with them. In any case, their prices are usually quite reasonable. Give them a ring and ask..

The other option is to contact the house ear institute (www.hei.org) and see if they have any hearing studies going on that you can take part in. I did a couple there and they basically paid me to take this insane 3-4 hour hearing test. It showed me exactly where my hearing is good and not good in ways that traditional hearing tests don't show.

--Ben

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search