The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Devilfish 303
Old 2nd January 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Devilfish 303

Anyone out there had the mod done; if so was it worth it??

I have a boxed 303 which im petrified to mod!!

TIA
Old 2nd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Nice to see a techno legend on the board. Welcome! =)

Havent' tried it (yet). A close friend have been in touch with Whittle and he was still at it, with a very decent turnaround time once the appointed date have been met. Looking forward to trying it!

You'll probably get better response over in the electronic music part of the forum. If mods don't move this, try posting there too.

Cheers,

Andreas
Old 3rd January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
They are absolutely mental - so much I had two and named a band after it. Kept s/n 125. Sold the other for £1k. They keep their price.

It can still do the traditional 303 thing easily. An insane box - Robin is a genius....

Do it. Unique tones.
Old 3rd January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Wait a minute.

Are you truly Mark Bell- LFO?

If so, it is truly awesome to see you here. I've been a big fan of your work for a long time heh

Any new releases coming out?
Old 6th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Different Mark Bell mate although a very similar age both & from the North of England I DJ'd and worked for mixmag; the other very famous!
Old 27th August 2011
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbell ➡️
Anyone out there had the mod done; if so was it worth it??

I have a boxed 303 which im petrified to mod!!

TIA
Yeah i had one years ago when Robin Whittle had only done 12 of them number 13 was mine which back in the day cost me about 400 to get the mod done and i think i paid 90 bucks for the TB303 with manual and carry case from a guy who had 2 of them. When i regretfully sold it due to a bad time in my life i eventually sold it for $2500.00 bucks. To describe how good the mod is as in audio and sound. imagine the balls of a 303 x 4 and`2 more buttons to tweak for filters fm frequency add ons and extra cv & gate inputs.. All in all to tell you the truth when i sold that thing i sold part of my soul, ya cant miss mine if anyone comes accross it, its got the name UZI carved into the top right corner of the face plate and its mod serial number 13...

Do it , ya wont regret it.
📝 Reply