The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A little more info on the new Drumagog
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

A little more info on the new Drumagog

I just got off the phone with Rim. I have been a Drumagog owner for years but have sort of let it slide because I have:

1. been pretty happy with the sound I get from my room if I've got a good kit and drummer.

2. The version I had was DX and I just didn't like jacking around with manual latency compensation.

The new version works with the ADC in SX and Nuendo, plus it's got a feature that will automatically align the peak of any sample that is used in Drumagog with the peak of the original audio sample that is triggering Drumagog, thus eliminating the need to have the Drumagog sample edit perfectly aligned with the peak of the original sample(if you've ever experienced this, you've heard the flam that can result-this should now be history)

Another *really* exciting development is that there is a collaboration with BFD happening wherein Drumagog, can trigger BDF samples direct from the BFD application, thus converting that crappy drum kit that was out of tune into one of the monster kits that Angus has sampled into BFD, playing directly from the BFD app. That's an incredibly powerful scenario.

I've got a pretty nice mic closet here and I enjoy using it, but there are times when a kid will come in here with a kit with the heads shot, which is impossible to tune and wants me to pull rabbit out of my hat. Producing a nice rabbit brings my studio return business, but chasing the rabbit eats up my time and there is nothing I hate worse than letting a project go out of here that I'm not personally satisfied with, or at least satisfied that I've pulled out every stop to insure that the best result possible was achieved for the client. When all that effort still yields something that I don't want my name associated with..........well, lots of you guys know the drill.

I can see the integration of Drumagog and BFD as being an incredibly useful and flexible alternative to getting a new drum sound on projects where the same kit was used for the whole project and it might be desirable to have a different snare, kick, etc on a few of the songs, or in the worst case scenario, the combination of these two apps could be the ultimate turd polishing machine and a life saver for studios that don't have good drum room. No more jacking around with midi drums to use BFD!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty stoked.
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

Pretty excited here too! Love the Drumagog! Rim's a nice fellow too!
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Another *really* exciting development is that there is a collaboration with BFD happening wherein Drumagog, can trigger BDF samples direct from the BFD application, thus converting that crappy drum kit that was out of tune into one of the monster kits that Angus has sampled into BFD, playing directly from the BFD app. That's an incredibly powerful scenario.
I just upgraded to the new version of Drumagog for the same reason, integration with BFD, but I was wondering how this was going to work. You say that Gog can trigger BFD samples directly from the BFD application? So this means that you have to have both apps running to use them together? I was hoping that Gog would just somehow grab the BFD samples and use them natively...like creating a GOG file somehow...I guess now that I think about that, it doesn't make much sense does it?

Can you provide a bit more details as to how these guys will work together? I am very interested in this.

Thanks!
Old 16th June 2005
I've been meaning to upgrade too, I've got a big mix coming up end of June through the middle of July so it will come in handy. This program has saved a lot of ****ty drummers, and good drummers with crappy gear (kind of sad but it's reality).
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Isn't there a new DrumagogBFD app that's not yet out (but due soon) that enables this whole BFD intergration to work under the one app. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Or is the current Drumagog working with BFD properly?
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublehelix
I just upgraded to the new version of Drumagog for the same reason, integration with BFD, but I was wondering how this was going to work. You say that Gog can trigger BFD samples directly from the BFD application? So this means that you have to have both apps running to use them together? I was hoping that Gog would just somehow grab the BFD samples and use them natively...like creating a GOG file somehow...I guess now that I think about that, it doesn't make much sense does it?

Can you provide a bit more details as to how these guys will work together? I am very interested in this.

Thanks!
There will be an upgrade necessary. I believe it's to be called Drumagog BFD nd will integrate with the v4x software. It is scheduled for mid summer and there iwll be an additional charge. I have heard $89.00 quoted, and I have heard more then $89.00 quoted. I don't have a clue what it will be.
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

OK...cool. Thanks for the info. I guess we'll all have to wait until a while for the definitive answer then.
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Head

I upgraded to the new version a few weeks ago and couldn't be more happy. The tracking has been improved and the auto-alignment works great. There is also supposed to be a new ghost notes function that should be coming out soon that looks interesting.
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

The ghost note function is on the current version, haven't had the chance to use it yet.
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Head

Version 3 has a ghost note function ... version 4.02 is the current version. The improved ghost note function is not yet available on version 4.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search