The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
podcasting
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

podcasting

Jules & co: shouldn't we have a podcasting special like we had "How to make money...."?
Old 15th June 2005
lwr
Gear Addict

would be awesome for some kind of gearslutz audio themed podcast!
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

well...
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

This is a WAY WAY WAY cool idea. I've gotten addicted to podcast's in the last 6 months... I think a Gearslutz Pod cast would KIK ASS Depending on the format, and who does the "moderating" ... It would be a great way to do interviews with some of the cool folks that hang and contribute here at GS.

Podcast411.com is a great place to learn about Podcasting. Jules, if you'd like a west coast contact to maybe get something started, I'd love to help out.

craig
Old 16th June 2005
I will investigate and bear your offer in mind.

CAJ EEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFF EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMM "It's 7am and 68 degrees, pollen count is low, here is a new version of Back in Black.......'
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

he he...well, actually, my idea was to have a discussion workshop about the possibilities of podcasting more than establishing an actual Gearslut podcast - which of course would be extremely cool
Old 16th June 2005
Jam
Lives for gear

Cool idea keep it coming !!

Jam
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasso
he he...well, actually, my idea was to have a discussion workshop about the possibilities of podcasting more than establishing an actual Gearslut podcast - which of course would be extremely cool

as far as that goes: i think Podcasting is going to be a great way to promote new acts, it's in it's infancy, and i certainly hope it stays "indy, edgy" etc. I've got a couple ideas for podcasts that would ( I think ) have some relevance to a certain audience, and will help to promote our biz.

I think what the GS pod cast could be is basically an interview show, with some call in questions, and demo's of AE's work... we could have a couple guys that do the interviews, even remotely or on the phone, and post em up... start a little archive. I think it would be really helpful. I've done a couple clinics at our place, (drummers) and would like to expand that idea and podcast both the audio and Video at some point.
the Recordproduction.com (? ) site if i remember correctly had interviews/ vid.
f I'd like to see something similar, starting with just some audio podcasts.
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

could we have Simon Bates or Gary Davis ?
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange
could we have Simon Bates or Gary Davis ?
How about Jonathan King? I hear he's free...
Attached Thumbnails
podcasting-king3.jpg  
Old 16th June 2005
Here for the gear
I recommend modeling it after David Lynch's daily weather report.

http://www.davidlynch.com/dailyreport/
Old 7th July 2005
Lives for gear
There is already a podcast about pro-audio and recording technology at

http://www.audiotalk.org

It is very much a work in progress and totally unscripted, but there are big plans for expansion and special guests. The website will also be expanded to include transcripts from shows etc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search