The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sony DTC-2E700???
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sony DTC-2E700???

Hi everybody. I have to backup a job that I'm doing in DAT format. The machine that I got for this, is the "Sony DTC-2E700". I don't seem to be able to find the manual for it. Everything work perfect, but due to my lack of knowledge of the box, I haven't been able to create ID's!? If any one knows the procedure I'd appreciate the help very much. Thanks.................Joaquin.
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
iirc there are two ways to do this - although its been many many years since i've used one.

1. auto id - when the dat senses a new track (ie silence then audio) it puts a start id down. There should be an auto-id button (and light in the display)

2. manual id - you press 'start id' when you are in record.

i think thats about it. I think I have a manual for a dtc750 somewhere (might be more or less the same) - will double check later.

si
Old 15th June 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks Orange. So far I've been able to write an ID during play back, pushing the "write" button either in "auto" or not!?. That should be enough, though, I haven't been able to number the IDs. If you find that manual, or remember how to do it would be great. Thanks for the Info...............................Joaquin.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ahh yes the renumbering was tricky i think...there might have been a autorenumber function.

What I always do/did with dats was black the tape first - that is record from begining to end of the dat in one pass so that you don't get unrecorded blanks and so there is a continous control/timecode track on it. Otherwise you can get grief later on.

When i recorded onto it I always backed up so that the DAT knew which startID it was on - it would show it in the DAT display instead of "--". Never needed to mess about renumbering then.

hope that makes some sense

si
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
joaquin,

found the manual for the DTC750 - assuming its pretty much the same - do you still need more detailed instructions, i can scan a few pages and send you them.

si
Old 16th June 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thank you so much Orange!! Is good to know that you have it. I'll eventually have to do this job again. Right now, I just came back from the office, where I dropped the DATs. I had a problem with the time code in one of them, was sort of broken!? after eraising and wrting one specific ID a couple times I got it to work I should had follow your advise "What I always do/did with dats was black the tape first - that is record from begining to end of the dat in one pass so that you don't get unrecorded blanks and so there is a continous control/timecode track on it."
The Job consisted in adding Click Tracks (cues) for the artist singing, a la ashlee simson, on top of "- vox" mixes for a TV show that's going to be filmed tomorrow, it's a big deal for the Latin scene, and I'm going to be there doing Audio for the Hostess crew...so if anything goes wrong I'll recive a straight Hit I backup everything in CDs too...interesting that the TV production prefer to work with DATs for reliability at the time of Playback!!
Anyway, Thank you very much for your help. There'll be some time before the next one, and already turned the DAT recorder in, so no rush. If you want to transcribe the paragraphs in the Manual about the IDs would be cool, but I do not know if you have the time.
Cheers...............................Joaquin.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Post production still seems to use DAT for audio pretty exclusively. You can timecode it properly and sync it to picture.

if you send me a PM with your email i'll post you the relevant pages from the manual.

si
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
PM sent...................................Thanks!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thumbsup
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear