The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Thanks to all... It's been a real pleasure. Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 28th March 2003
Harmless Wacko

Thanks to all... It's been a real pleasure.

Old 28th March 2003
Super Moderator

SM,

What an excellent month it has been.

I only wish I had the time to participate more.

Purhaps you will find the time to hang around these parts... stike

Thank you for the awesome threads and responses.

Enjoy your freedom to relax a bit. thumbsup
Old 28th March 2003
tee
Gear Nut

10Q to slipperman for stirring up some great debate, many excellent nuggets of sonic wisdom and your unique approach to being a human!

Peace back at you

Tony
Old 29th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Yea, Slipper:

You took your recently acquired fame from PSW, and "civilized" it a bit, to not be too nib nob, and honed it down enough to be accepted by the less "Pissing Contest", more "civil" crowd, than the ones you are normally hanging with, while also showing that, besides the Prolificness and Humor in your stuff, you actually DO know something besides how to insult that weak, but "I'm STILL WAY COOLER than YOU'LL EVER BE", L A crowd!!

And, you kept up your edge, without compromise, but were able to be taken more seriously, than the "Fat Boy--Sushi" crowd takes you, by the more "Gear Head" guys here.

And, ya pulled it off JUST RIGHT!!

So, congrats are definitely in order!

NOW, all you have to worry about is me making you look silly, if I can equal, or exceed, the vocal sound you get with your E LAM 251, 1073, LA2-A, Studer A-800, and whatever other Multimillion dollar gear you decide to use for mixdown, while I match that vocal sound with a 57, Mackie Pres, a dbx166 (that is intermittent), a Japanese Stereo Graphic EQ, and a water damaged Alesis Microverb that quits, once every two days, an old SoundCraft, PA board, Tannoy 6.5 PBMs, and whatever else ****ty stuff I've had to use, unless it had too much rust on it!!

So, MAYBE LATER ON, but still not without our collective humor and skill, we MIGHT be able to have a little FUN, while still letting the general public, and the Newbies realize, that, YES, you ARE, of course, a "For Real" Engineer, and also that, YES, good equipment is the "Normal" way expensive recordings are done (and certainly, the way in which I'm use to, and most enjoy working with) , But, STILL, using the talents and skills of the "Old Skool", and the Old, or just GOOD Engineers, one can get very respectable, and totally acceptable sound quality, using the most Spartan and inexpensive tools available to them!!

Good going, and let the games begin!!
Old 29th March 2003
One with big hooves

Slippy, Thanks for dropping by this month. I had a blast and I know lots of other people did too. Who knew you could be so civilized?
Old 29th March 2003
Lives for gear

Appreciate the time spent and the advice dished out...

Ian
Old 29th March 2003

Cheers big ears!

Thanks for bailing me out!

Old 29th March 2003
Lives for gear

S man... Good times.

And, er, "HOHOHOHO", as the kids say these days on online forums.

Jules, next month, I nominate:

Guest mod: "Erik Gavriluk and Tipper Gore"...

Close your eyes and imagine the hits (and anarchy)...
Old 29th March 2003
Lives for gear

Slipperman,

yer the best ...

you know that

malice
Old 30th March 2003
Gear Addict

slippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so, now that you've worn the mantle a bit, how do you like the nickname i created for you?

ml
Old 30th March 2003
Lives for gear

Re: Thanks to all... It's been a real pleasure.

I think it's safe to say the pleasure's all ours!

Y'all come back now... hear?
Old 30th March 2003
Lives for gear

...and you've brought new meaning to the phrase "drinking in moderation"...
Old 30th March 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks man, stick around!
Old 30th March 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks Slipperman for your insights of your work and mindset. It's a pleasure for all of us having you here.

Jo
Old 30th March 2003
Here for the gear

Thanks slipperman for an insightful month.

I respected your wishes and didn't post. When do I get my $100?
Old 30th March 2003
Lives for gear

Another classic guest moderator month at Gearslutz...

Slipperman,

You are the tops. You're the prose of Inferno's Dante; you're the nose on the great Durante.

The contribution you make to those of us who are "coming up" in this biz cannot be overstated. The disarming effect of your self-deprecating humor is the hallmark of a class act.

Jules,

You did it again, and the price of the Gearslutz stock rises again.
Old 30th March 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks, SM. Good forum. I didn't post much, but I read a lot. That's always a good sign.

Jasper
Old 31st March 2003
Gear Addict

Slipperman, this month just happened to be the month I found this amazing little community, and I'm only hoping I haven't been spoiled, that this place is at least a fraction of the incredible resource of knowledge, advice and comraderie thats it has been this month.
Thank you all, I've only posted a few times, but I've read every day, and every time I read, I learn more about not just WHAT we do, but WHY we do it, and that means a great deal to me, as someone just starting out.
Thanks.
Old 31st March 2003
Lives for gear

Yo Slip, The pleasure has definitely been ours. I agree with the others here who'd like to see you have your own forum.

Kudos also to Jules, this place has become, by a good margin, my favorite of the 4 or so audio/music forums that I haunt. Good s/n ratio.
Old 31st March 2003
Lives for gear

Mithra may smile on you the next time you visit the Batcave.
Old 31st March 2003
Peace Slip.

You proved that once again "New Yawkers" can be both agressive yet thought provoking.

Stay on the edge and good luck with the mixes.

TTF
Old 31st March 2003
Lives for gear

Carry on, ya slubberdegullion. I pray your undercarraige will sustain.
Old 31st March 2003
Lives for gear

it's been a very, very enjoyable month
Old 31st March 2003
Jr. Gear Slut 2nd class

Thanks SM!

Chris
Old 1st April 2003
Lives for gear

..In-Frik'n-credble in large increments!..I for one know what I want to be when I grow up.....heh heh ....

Its amazin whut our Host wid da most comes up with...Its what makes this the best....

And pleeze Mr. Slipper...lets hear that comparitive analysis of 'olden' vs. 'newden'....Ya want I should ship ya a copy of Rio Grande Mud to go with the Tres.?
Old 1st April 2003
Here for the gear

Excellent. SM has just left Chicago. Takin' care of business is his name! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Tres Hombres. One of my all time favorites.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search