The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
CAD VX2 valve mic Condenser Microphones
Old 11th February 2018
Here for the gear
Good morning all, I have a matched pair of these (CAD VX-2) I bought from the NY representative. Supposedly they were the property of the president of the company as a demo. I will say, I have used these in many different types of recordings and as long as you get up fairly close they sound absolutely fabulous...they are clean, quiet and have a transparency that I remember when using the old Telefunken ELAM 251's. Since I record a lot of pipe organ and need to get high up, I made up a new holder system that allows you to mount them as you would a 251 and that is straight up with no weight hanging forward. I welcome any questions you may have about them and also messages by people that do have them I guess they are quite rare. I would not give mine up!
Old 17th June 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmonauta View Post
The reason I'm interest is because there's a great brazilian Bossa-Funk album that used the VX-2 in all the vocals, and it sounds great! A project that really reflects the way I would like to sound.
The album was made in a studio which have tons of tube Neumanns, Telefunken, C12, even RCA... and CAD was the winner for this project... Taking account it's a mid-price range mic, I would like to get one... But now, aware that it's discontinued, I don't know.
I know this an old thread, but the VX2 is a wonderful microphone, better than many vintage legends, in my opinion. I'm Brazilian, and for curious now, which one is that Bossa-Funk album you are talking about?
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
I know this an old thread, but the VX2 is a wonderful microphone, better than many vintage legends, in my opinion. I'm Brazilian, and for curious now, which one is that Bossa-Funk album you are talking about?
Oh man... 15 years ago, at the time of this post, I was digging Luiz Paulo Serafins sound a lot, a great mixer that you as Brazilian may know.
If I recall correctly the CAD was used in one of Pedro Mariano's album recorded at Trama.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search