The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Is Slipperman???
Old 28th March 2003
Who Is Slipperman???

Since we're closing in on the end of The Month Of Slipperman, I thought this would be a fun parting shot, as well as (hopefully) some amusement for Mr. Slipperman himself.

HERE ARE THE RULEZ:

1) If you KNOW who Slipperman is, DO NOT respond.
2) If you do NOT know who Slipperman is, but THINK you know, take your guess.
3) If you have NO IDEA who Slipperman is, but want to take a wild guess anyway, have at it.
4) If you know/suspect who Slipperman IS NOT, proceed to tell.
5) If you know who Slipperman is, and want to post some kind of HIGHLY OBLIQUE clue, PM Slipperman for permission before you do so.
6) If you enjoyed this month's forum moderation by Slipperman (as I have) and want to give him some love, post it here.

I'll start:

Slipperman IS NOT Eric Serafin. (Or is it Sarafin? Oh, who the hell cares??)
Old 28th March 2003
One with big hooves

I know who he is which reminds me, I gotta call him. Slippy if you see this first gimmie a buzz before 4am. Otherwise I'll call you at the shop tomorrow. Or are you still on vacation?

What's the prize when we have a winner? And what's the point of the whole thing? He's anonymous for a reason, even if you guessed who he is it's not like he'd confess to it or any of us who know him would give him up. All you'd do is fuck with his business and that's not a real cool thing to do to a brother.
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

If you re-arange each letter in "Slipperman", you can spell "Nipple Arms"... I think you see where I'm going with this...
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
If you re-arange each letter in "Slipperman", you can spell "Nipple Arms"... I think you see where I'm going with this...
HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!

Thanks E-cue, I gotta say, after speding the last 14 hoursa in a session that nothing went the easy way on, this is got me in hysterics!

As far as SM's identity. As I under stand it, it is not for his current gig that he keeps it quiet, it just that no one really believes that Ron Jeremy would stoop to becoming an AE...
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Smith
... As far as SM's identity. As I under stand it, it is not for his current gig that he keeps it quiet, it just that no one really believes that Ron Jeremy would stoop to becoming an AE...
And here I thought he was some far out jolly old dude in a red suit hanging on for dear life to a herd of four legged over-caffeinated mammals with antlers, all the while beaning small children off the head (drive by style) with cheerily wrapped packages screaming "HOHOHO! HOHOHO! Santa really needs a HOHOHO!.. ". heh
Old 28th March 2003
Gear Nut

His name is Rio and he dances in the sand

Your mileage may vary
Old 28th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Who cares?

Our beloved Slipperman has spent many hours educating us, confounding us, annoying us, amusing us, and yanking our individual and collective chains. Has he not brought us enough joy while wearing his mask of anonimity?

Mr. Slip, keep up the good work. I don't need to know your real name. And when you take off the moderator pin, will you go back to being your surly and profane self? I can always hope..

Whir Lee
Old 28th March 2003
Here for the gear

here goes...

I am really breaking Rule #1 right now, but here it is anyways:

Brian Boitano
Old 28th March 2003
Here for the gear

He's a real cool cat and he lives on top of Manhatten Chase. When the elevator's broke he slides down a rope.
Old 28th March 2003
Gear Maniac

ummmm, Jack Ortman?

"I'm jes Keeding!"
Old 28th March 2003
Gear Addict

to the best of my knowledge the Slippermen live in a colony and last appeared on "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"...

Of course that was the 70's so things may be a bit hazy...
Old 28th March 2003
Quote:
ummmm, Jack Ortman?
HAH! I KNEW IT!!!
Old 30th March 2003
Here for the gear

The prize is an autographed LA-2A. Malice is holding it in France and he's waiting at the Post Office to ship it to the winner.

Slipperman is Officer Antonio "The Hammer" Veraducci from the Naples Police Dept. I know because he gave my niece a ticket.
Old 30th March 2003
Lives for gear

Chessman, you did it again heh

malice
Old 31st March 2003
Jr. Gear Slut 2nd class

"HO HO HO" has an uncanny resemblance to a certain hit song by the Crystals AND one of the best X-MAS albums ever made.
So my guess is...
Phil Spector.

Chris
Old 31st March 2003
Lives for gear

do jails have easy internet access as well?
Old 31st March 2003
One with big hooves

If they do I hope it's a dialup. I don't want my tax dollars to pay for someone's cable modem.
Old 31st March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kahrs
If they do I hope it's a dialup. I don't want my tax dollars to pay for someone's cable modem.
you can bet it is high speed. if it is there at all.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear