The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tim M.I.A. ?
Old 27th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Tim M.I.A. ?

Some great questions for Tim, has he vanished?
Questions asked by jules Re; Digital Audio, Future of pro sound, etc....
Have we insulted you?
Old 27th March 2003
Gear Head

I have not gone away, just that I thought I had answered everything that was applicable to me.
I have many views on many things in both the pro and consumer audio. I have in the past been involved with bands and working in studios as tech and mixing engineer and of course cutting records. I just did not want to sound arragant.
As there seems to be many "threads" that I am not sure who reads what?
As an example to Slipperman, Sound of mixes! I have always felt that everyone will approach the job differently, there is no absolute and correct way to have a number 1 hit. If we knew that answer we would all be rich.
Curiously, when I lived in South Africa, I knew Clive Calder when he was a bass muzo and had a band called suprissingly Calders Collection. and he was still living with his Ma and could not even drive a car. So who would of guessed that he would rise to the top as a billionare. Likewise I was at school with Ken Hensley who had the other band at that school and I had a gut felling that aged 15 he had that determination and ended up with Uria Heep and now owns AMPEG.
The other person I knew in SA was then a 13 year old drummer for the FLAMES Ricky Fartar now is Bonny Raits guitarist.
There are many who have inspired me and there many who could not bothered about quality.
The reggae guys like Keith Hudson and Delroy Wilson broke the rules at Coxsone's studio with the bass and toasting tricks that many in the rap scene have followed.
If anyone has any thoughts I will try to follow up.
Tim de P
Old 27th March 2003
Old 27th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Tim M.I.A.

Thanks Tim.
Some us out here are quite interested in your thought's. theories, Idea's, etc....
We all enjoy gear and talking about it, however this is just the icing on the cake.
The gear is great, but it's actually all about the music and audio, so please let the gates open and teach us. No one would think you are arragant, We are greatful for your time and it is our job to take advantage of this brief time to speak with you.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Bruce
Old 27th March 2003
Gear Head

I'll get back over the weekend. I just wish I were an octopus to do more jobs at once.To use the vanacular, I'm nackered today.
Cheers Tim de P
Old 27th March 2003
Yes all your posts have been real interesting, thanks again!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search