The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Modular designs... what's new?
Old 26th March 2003
Here for the gear

Modular designs... what's new?

Buzz Audio seems to be sellign their own mod and rack design. But I don't see anyone else yet like Great River, Hardy, Millenia... wasn't there supposed to be some other manufacturer's jumping on board the Buzz design?

Also, may I ask why the API 500 series standard was not used? I'm sure many of us have API racks sitting around with some open spaces. Wouldn't that have been the best and quickest way to jumpstart this whole "many pre's in one rack" idea?
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

Yeah, I've got a little Daking suitcase/rack with three empty panels. Wouldn't it be great if I could load it with whatever... Could it be non-standardized power supplies as well as pure dimensional issues?
Old 27th March 2003
Gear Head

fscott, there has been interest from a number of Tims fellow designers and I think a lot of use would like to see a standard like this develop.

I think the problem right now is simply getting the info into their hands and making them aware of the capability. Also a lot of people have things on their plate so its an issue of priorities.

The initial reports on from ARack/MA.1.5 users is very positive.

Lee
Old 27th March 2003
Old School Audio is a good example. Transformer based compressors (Opto, VCA, JFET) and EQ's (Graphic and Parametric) will be coming too all in the "API 500" modular format.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search