The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What's a good affordable sub for my A7's? Studio Monitors
Old 6th December 2008
Lives for gear
What's a good affordable sub for my A7's?

I noticed the Adam sub 8 is around $799. Just wondering if anyone had any better suggestions. I'm open to sellin the a7s and going a different route too.
Old 6th December 2008
Lives for gear

cool, sell them and get the barefoots.

a friend of mine just added the sub 8 to his a7's and it sounds great. i have not heard them in combination with another sub but can recommend the 8.
Old 6th December 2008
Lives for gear

I'm pretty curious to see what responses this thread gets. I love my A7s, but it would definitely be nice to hear exactly what I'm doing when I throw in a high pass filter at 30 or 40 Hz! I'm not rich by any stretch. Is the Sub 8 the best match in it's price range and lower?
Old 7th December 2008
Gear Maniac

I bought this sub to use with my A7's. Pretty good so far.
Blue Sky
Old 7th December 2008
adl
Lives for gear

Had a ESI SW10 K Sub with my Adam A7´s but switched yesterday to a Adam Sub 10 and wow, this one is really a nice subwoofer heh
It´s much more defined than the ESI subwoofer. Only downside compared to the ESI: the Adam Sub needs to be turned on to listen through the satellites. The ESI Sub could be turned off but the Satellites still played the sound.
Old 21st January 2009
Gear Maniac
Best bang-for-the-buck that I've ever found comes from Hsu Research. Even his entry-level sub is absolutely amazing. Great prices, too.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search