The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Amsterdam AES rumours!
Old 23rd March 2003
Lives for gear

Amsterdam AES rumours!

Played with cranesong gear for the first time.........wow!.........blown away with it.........ibis eq is amazing and the distortion feature (where-by you ad distortion to an individual band or to the whole thing) is great.

I said to Dave Hill (sort of mad-scientist in a Hawaian shirt):

"Why don't you make a stand alone distortion device which offers 20 different types of distortion" (all his devices seem to offer some sort of distortion creation)

He said: "yeah, maybe i will.....maybe it'll be a digital device with 8 channels"....

he also said: "my next product will probably be an 8 channel D/A".........
Old 23rd March 2003
Old 23rd March 2003
Lives for gear

most excellent... sounds like my Spider is going to have some friends! Now if only there were an 8 channel scaled down ibis.
Old 24th March 2003
Lives for gear

yeah, he specifically mentioned that the new 8 channel device would be designed with the spider in mind.......
Old 24th March 2003
Lives for gear

good call battleangel...my client and i were discussing this moments ago....sorta a cross tween an API 553...and an IBIS
Old 24th March 2003
Lives for gear

mike, totally! If crane song came out with one of those, I'd buy it in an instant. Man... imagine that, the spider, the d/a, eq, and that distortion device.... that'd be such a slick rig. I'm already going to get the D/A the moment it comes out to compliment my Spider.
Old 25th March 2003
Well, fwiw...

I got Ibis #1 today. Fully detented (mastering version) and really heavy (about 22 pounds), I don't have it running in the rack yet, but it's a beautiful sight to behold.

If anyone's interested.

hehe
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

I saw the pics on your site! BTW all the best on your new endeavor! As soon as I have someone worth mastering, I'm going to want to enlist your services =) Us Crane Song maniacs gotta keep it in the family lol. Seriously, your site looks great and I'm sure the new place is going to totally rock, and what non gear $ I have going around will assuredly go towards mastering hehehe
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear