The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Presonus Firestudio and Apogee Rosetta A/D question Audio Interfaces
Old 21st November 2008
Lives for gear

Presonus Firestudio and Apogee Rosetta A/D question

I have a Firestudio and I'm happy with it, It sounds pretty good. I saw a great deal on a used Apogee Rosetta A/D and wanted to use it as my main converters. My question is how great are the Firestudio converters and also how do they stack up to the fireface or Apogee Rosetta. And Lastly if I was going to get the Rosetta, how would I still use the inputs on my firestudio and still be able to use the conveters on the Apogee Rosetta A/D? Thanks Tough Guys!

Last edited by madehumble; 21st November 2008 at 04:05 AM.. Reason: wrong word
Old 21st November 2008
Lives for gear

anyone?
Old 21st November 2008
Lives for gear

Scratch that I will get me a fireface instead. thanks
Old 30th March 2010
Here for the gear

hi there!

Well... there is a HUGE difference between Apogee Rosetta 200 and Firestudio 2626 converters. But... If you're looking to using apogee as a Main converter, you'll need the Apogee X-firewire Card (sold separately) to connect your rosetta directly into your DAW. But you can use both widely.

Just connect the digital outputs (SPDIF) of Rosetta onto digital inputs (SPDIF) of Firestudio. And the reverse... the digital outpus of firestudio to digital inputs of Apogee. Like this, you only will have the A class convertion AD/DA for the Inputs and your monitoring (Connecting analog outputs of your Apogee into the mixer), and it worth a lot!

I do the same on my studio, using Apogee Rosetta 200 and Firestudio 2626 (with no X-firewire card).
Old 30th March 2010
I also go Rosetta Spdif into my interface for clocking and 2 channel A/D conversion. No PCI card needed for that. I use external mic pres though so if you're wanting to use the pres on your interface it will would to have an insert in/output that goes between the pre and internal conversion- connect a 1/4 cable from that into the apogee. Usually that is a feature used on bigger and/or higher end interfaces on maybe the first 2 channels of inputs.
Old 30th March 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negromonte View Post
hi there!

Well... there is a HUGE difference between Apogee Rosetta 200 and Firestudio 2626 converters. But... If you're looking to using apogee as a Main converter, you'll need the Apogee X-firewire Card (sold separately) to connect your rosetta directly into your DAW. But you can use both widely.

Just connect the digital outputs (SPDIF) of Rosetta onto digital inputs (SPDIF) of Firestudio. And the reverse... the digital outpus of firestudio to digital inputs of Apogee. Like this, you only will have the A class convertion AD/DA for the Inputs and your monitoring (Connecting analog outputs of your Apogee into the mixer), and it worth a lot!

I do the same on my studio, using Apogee Rosetta 200 and Firestudio 2626 (with no X-firewire card).

hey man i'm about to ditch my digi 002 for a 2626. my digi 002 us running my rosetta 200 on with a lunchbox ... is this a good system? will it use the osx drivers instead of digicore drivers. i was looking at the x-firewire option but didn't want to get locked in. i've been trying to find info on the 2626 in relations to the rosetta and how latency is and everything. don't mean to derail anything just was very curious as i'm looking to flip the digi 002 in the next day or so.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search