The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Well rounded pres, JLM / GR
Old 3rd November 2008
Gear Maniac

Well rounded pres, JLM / GR

So I’m on the brink on picking up a lunchbox and am struggling a bit on couple of things. I would like a pair of decent, well-rounded pres that would work well with just about everything including on site video recording apps. This might be anything from two mics in room picking up people talking or musicians playing to someone at a lectern making a presentation. At the same time work well for my studio applications like, female vox, bass, acoustic guitar, electric, etc. Ideally I would have (2) killer pres and (2) killer comps (eyeballing the Komit for the nice limiting feature) Anyway, I realize that any number of these pres that we all talk about will be great, nonetheless.. you know, the obsession thing kicks in. Two that I’m zeroing in on –
  • Great River – doesn’t bother me being double wide, Neveish sound
  • JLM Dual99v500 – bothers me slightly that they’re further away but offset by cost, AUD to USD, Neveish sound
If anyone has compared the GR and JLM, I would love to hear your thoughts. Are they similar? Resell value is likely different but not worried about that too much.

Something is always telling me though that the Elixirs would best suit me…

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search