The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
H8000(FW) by AES
Old 22nd October 2008
Gear Addict

H8000(FW) by AES

Hello it is possible to let the H8000FW run by tree digital mulitple I/O's protocols/connections:

* FW
* ADAT
* and AES ( the 24 pins connector for 8 ch. 96khz?).

That last option (Running the H8000FW by AES 8 I/O) I would like to get more info over that type of connection.
I've got several questions about that connection.

I've got a cable with such connector for running 8 I/O's. But which sort of AES PCI kaart (I'm on a pc XP proff. sp2 32bits) am I going to use?
'
I'm owning an Lynx AES16, but I going to get much confussused with another mixer (again!) extra besides my DAW('s) and mixer control panel of my main audio-interface. With this PCI card I'm going to get 3 mixers (Orpheus,Lynx AES, DAW mixer) that would be nuts!

Is there a other much more easier (and obvisiously) cheaper AES PCI card solution for my computer, without another complicated software mixer involved? Some PCI card which allows me to run the H8000FW by AES (8 I/O's; the 24 pins connection?) into my computer?
Old 22nd October 2008
Lives for gear

You know, boeklanoei, if you were to word your question more clearly, I suspect you'd be likely to get more answers and/or more useful answers.
Old 22nd October 2008
Gear Addict

Hi, Maybe you're right. I'm from the Netherlands and somethimes it's realy hard to make my self clear.

I'm gonna change the intro. Thanx.
Old 22nd October 2008
Hey Boeklanoei, give me a call. I think you still have my number, or at least my email.
I might be able to help....
Old 22nd October 2008
Gear Addict

Thanx!!

I'm gonna send you an email, since this is the cheapest way of communication. We will maitain this in Dutch and hopefully we can be in touch with each other about the unit.
Old 22nd October 2008
Lives for gear

i have a lynx aurora8 (w/adat card going into a RME fireface) hooked up to an eventide H8000FW via the aes dsub connector. no problem you have to get a custom cable made though because the dsub on hte lynx for AES is yamaha protocol and the dsub on the H8000FW for AES is tascam protocol. redco made me one.

whoever makes your cable just give them specific instructions about what two things you are going to connect.

i have the FW connected as well and it all syncs perfectly off the lynx's clock.
Old 23rd October 2008
Gear Addict

Thanx ignagnus,

For your input!
Well I suppose that when I'm gonna involve a Lynx AES16 into my setup my computer (PC, no double ASIO possibilitys possible) is not gonna like; 2 different FW units (Orpheus and H8000FW) and another (ASIO) Lynx AS16 card. Besides that I'm gonna get confused with another software interface (AES16 mixer e.a.).

It's a bit sad indeed that my Orpheus don't have a straight AES (8 I/O) option. So I'm afraid that I have to deal with ADAT (straight) and FW by computer.

Other (AES connection) solutions/options?
Old 23rd October 2008
Gear Addict

Maybe I was a bit to enthousiasticheh
But I think the time is there to increase the old ADAT protocol to a more 2008 protocol.
But it seems that it would become much more difficult than I thought it would be.
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

boeklanoei,

1) Go to the the Eventide site and download the Routing Application for Windows and use that to get a good idea of the routing capabilities of the H8000 FW.

2) I seriously suggest you consider getting a Mac Pro and using the OS X aggregate device feature that will allow you to create a virtual device. This will allow all those nice interfaces you have to show up at the same time in your software.
Old 23rd October 2008
Gear Addict

thank you for your input.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search