The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
d/a expansion for trak2
Old 17th March 2003
Here for the gear

d/a expansion for trak2

about to purchase a trak2 ..... been considering getting the DA option (8 channels only available ), along with the DIGI-8 AMbus card to integrate the unit into my ProTools Mix+ rig.

Anyone using a similar set-up with the trak 2?

Be great to hear how you're finding it........ could I, with the DA card for instance, have the same PT master output pair feeding 4 pairs of DA - one to a headhone amp, one to a pair of S3A's, one to a CDR, and one to a 2 track tape machine??? .... all with UV22?

downloaded the manual, and it really sounds a versatile piece of kit!

awesome forum, BTW ......

ciao ..... g

Old 18th March 2003
Here for the gear

....anyone ??

Old 18th March 2003
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showt...5&pagenumber=1

Hey! a bunch of us are going for dinner tonight, click above!

There are several Trac2 owners here, I am sure they will respond in time.

Old 22nd March 2003
Lives for gear

greetings,

I finally acquired a dac-8 for my trak2, will be installing it this weekend. From what I understand of the routing options, what you suggest is entirely possible (multiple pairs output). I'll screw around with it and let you know if there's any snags.

best,

heinz
Old 23rd March 2003
Here for the gear

thanks heinz ..... look forward to hearing your thoughts ......
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

hi,

Well I got the DAC-8 installed... not really your typical user-installed option, they didn't really warn me about that. Not a big deal but had to unseat the mainboard, slide it back from it's sister connector in order to seat the DAC board. I love puzzles.

No doubt the 8-in/8-out routing is totally flexible... if you can configure it on PT end, you can most likely set it up on the trak2 end. I haven't tried it specifically yet, but I can't see how your proposed set up would present a problem. With the ADAT-8 interface to my PC I can now finally send audio whizzing all around my studio with dangerous implications.

Good luck man,

heinz
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear