The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Guitar Amp Plugins
Old 26th October 2008
Gear Maniac

+1 on Vintage Amp Room/Metal Amp Room. I also have Guitar Rig as part of Komplete and have demoed most others mentioned (except Waves) and among those I find Softube to be unequalled...

You do have to use it like a real amp, meaning you have to add (real or virtual) stomp boxes into the chain as needed.

Yes expensive, but as is so often the case, you do get what you pay for....

BTW, Softube are also the folks that code a bunch of the Abbey Road plug-ins... they seem to have really made strides in modelling non-linear behavior.
Old 27th October 2008
Here for the gear

Hi everybody,
I'll agree about Metal Amp Room. Here are 2 clips I've posted
: Metal Amp Room by Softube

Just click on "Metal Amp Room Demo with bass and Drums" and "Another Metal Amp Room Demo with bass and drums" just under "Full Band Sample by Thanos

Hope you find the plugin is usable.

Best Regards,
Thanos
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Nut

There is an interesting contest on YouTube, people show what they can do with Guitar Rig 3, and they can win prizes!

Some nice musician and guitar sounds there to be heared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgDKqou-vq0
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear
metal amp room is the only guitar plugin I use right now. I even use it for soft stuff. Cant afford vintage amp room unfortunately. I also own the abbey road brilliance pack programed by softube. great stuff. ends up on a lot of stuff I use. love it to bring a little something back into my Royer if needed.

Probably around the time vintage amp room 2 comes out Ill be ready to buy

havent put enough time into other softube stuff to say if its good. probably is though.
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Head

yeah

i use guitar rig 2 but i don't have a traditional guitar sound...

ive found that amplitude jimmy hendrix has some great "realer" sounding tones to start with....and you can tweak the presets from there
Old 28th October 2008
Deleted 99dc753
I reamp everything what is guitar line signals from my customers and they love me for this.

A bit of work but is much better as guitar rig or what ever because you can hear the movement of real air....
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HOLMES View Post
I reamp everything what is guitar line signals from my customers and they love me for this.

A bit of work but is much better as guitar rig or what ever because you can hear the movement of real air....
yeah...this is something i wish i could do...i don't even have a real guitar amp...and i think of myself as primarily a guitarist. it'd be nice to have a big room full of amps to toy around with all day and get decent tones. i'm sick of this computer.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubimusik View Post
+1 on Vintage Amp Room/Metal Amp Room. I also have Guitar Rig as part of Komplete and have demoed most others mentioned (except Waves) and among those I find Softube to be unequalled...

You do have to use it like a real amp, meaning you have to add (real or virtual) stomp boxes into the chain as needed.
Great point. I use the overdriven Marshall a lot and go through my pedal board first with an overdriven TS9. That will get you the Marshall tone better then anything virtual that I have heard.

Another beautiful thing is to go into the vox with a tele >TS9>Memory Man pedal for some amazingly authentic delay tones. You need a great guitar and some great pedals to get this plug to work well, but it does an amazing job...especially when you pull the mic back for that roomy Walkmen type tone.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiaman View Post
You guys are leaving out one gem. Softube vintage amp room, and their Metal amp room. I've demoed them and they sounded amazing. I'll probably pick up the Metal amp room this month.
I mentioned it on Page 1, but it is indeed a Gem. I dont even use impulses with it.

A great freebie is the Nick Crowe Wagner Sharp. Simply put Boogex in after it and use your best impulse. It is the closest you can get to moving air without actually doing it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search