The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SM Pro Audio Nano Patch Not Impressed!!
Old 15th October 2008
Gear Nut

SM Pro Audio Nano Patch Not Impressed!!

Today I received a Nano Patch to attenuate the volume between my Rosetta 200 and Focal Twin 6 BE's. Well straight of the bat I can hear why this is so cheap. From listening the Nano Patch just seems to take a little of the excitement out of the music. The depth also lacks as opposed to not using it. I am going to run a few more tests just to see if I am imagining all of this but I doubt it!!
It goes to show you that you so get what you pay for. Hmm what do I buy now. Anyone else thought that this is rubbish when using this piece?
Old 15th October 2008
Lives for gear

Mine works as expected.Did a little test where i run 1 ch from the interface and 1 thru the nanopatch.I matched the levels as best as i could and i couldnt hear any difference..at all.Interface is rme multiface 1 and adam P22a.Very happy with mine.
Old 15th October 2008
Lives for gear

I have heard several folks that have used the nano patch, and I have not heard anything negative about it yet, but I have never actually seen one myself.

I bought the Central Station (w/ remote) thinking that I would be using it temporarily until I could afford to buy something better, but it has actually turned out to be fairly decent for the price.

I did notice some small amount of cross-talk the other day between monitor sends "A" (my main control room monitors) and monitor sends "C" (my live room monitors) which is disappointing, but you really have to press your ear up to the speaker to hear it. Other than that, it has been fairly enjoyable with clean and clear sound.
Old 15th October 2008
Gear Nut

Hmm well I am glad you are noticing no difference I am definitely noticing a change though. The reverb tails also are less clear.
Old 15th October 2008
Gear Guru

How about trying running it as a send on a stereo mix to see how well it nulls out? At least then you'll be able to quantify the difference.
Old 15th October 2008
Gear Nut

Hey doublehelix. I know I heard nothing negative about it either. It was only when I put it in the monitoring chain that I thought straight away NO!!
I sold my Mackie Big Knob because I thought it was crap sounding.
But I know I have to test some more, the difference is very subtle.
Old 15th October 2008
Gear Nut

Yeah might try that but I trust my gut instinct and ears something is definitely different.
Old 15th October 2008
Gear Maniac

Try different cables.
The sound quality could be affected by the cable because it's 100% passive so take good care in cable's quality and lenght between Nano Patch and monitors.
Try to change the setted gain of the active monitors for using the Nano at a very different knob position (much more upper and/or lower) and find the attenuation area where the overall sound it's better.
Old 15th October 2008
Gear Nut

Cheers for suggestions, I am probably going to send it back and do a proper slutty buy!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search