The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
summing, submixing, Midas Venice, Trident S100
Old 17th March 2003
Lives for gear

summing, submixing, Midas Venice, Trident S100

we need to sum outboard pre's to tape/PTools and are looking at the Trident S100 8x6 (shown at AES, But the mention of ORAM stuff here seems to raise red flags) or possibly a Midas Venice 16 ch (primarily a live console but I think the eq would be a nice additions as well, we'd also use it as a live room rehersal console....step up from a mackie...?!?)

what are you folks using (if any) fo this purpose?

the API 3124m+ could be an option, but we'd like a little more versitility, and line in's.....

suggestions?
Old 17th March 2003
Lives for gear

I'm VERY curious about the Midas Venice boards. I think they are an amazing value in the live world from what they say, even though I've haven't worked on one, but have had plenty of experience on the Heritage 2 and 3ks and xl3, in which they are my favorite live consoles...
But has anyone had any experience with these for summing and/or EQ...It would be a dream come true if it could compete with a dangerous 2bus in terms of summing, because then the additional versatility would be great...
Old 17th March 2003
Gear Addict

yep the venice has really piqued my interest too. i have used one briefly some months ago, and it seemed rather nice at the time. from memory the eq was rather nice but i only had a very short time driving the desk. i will be back in that room in a month or so so i will try to put the desk through its paces. it really does seem like a good peice of kit.
Old 17th March 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by doug_hti
...It would be a dream come true if it could compete with a dangerous 2bus in terms of summing, because then the additional versatility would be great...
My thinking exactly....My buddy owns and works on an xl3 and has 3 or 4 Venice conloses as well for small corporate gigs. He raves about thes little console. apparently the pre's are very similar to the big brother and the eq is very usable. He's not a recording guy, but I trust his ears.

We were considering the Dangerous , but for a grand or so more to have all the added functionality wouldbe great.
We're gonna borrow one for a week or so....I'll report back.

Anyone else see/hear the ORAM/trident s100 (http://www.oram.co.uk/main.html) at aes? They were taking names for the first 500 consoles at 2k dollar "introductory" price that would later go to 4999.00 (!?) 8x6 channels of "trident" sounds too good to be true?
Old 17th March 2003
How much for a 16ch venice?
Old 17th March 2003
Lives for gear

What I tried from Oram lately was rather disapointing IMHO ...

malice
Old 17th March 2003
Ok, the Venice 160 fits our needs...
it's 8ch pre, 4 stereo ch, 4 busses, EQ, inserts..., talkback, etc, etc, etc... for $2.5K
If you get a D2B LT for $1.5K, 8 ch pres (by the way, with what pres can we compare the midas?), talkback system, etc, etc... we're looking for a few more hundreds than that...
I just wonder how good are the pres...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear