The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Instrument / Line- Splitter ..any advice?
Old 15th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Instrument / Line- Splitter ..any advice?

Maybe you guys can help me with a (not so hi tech) problem, I need an instrument (hi-Z) splitter for example to split one guitar to two(three?) amps. What normally happens is, that you get (from strange hums apart) weired noises, because you basically connect one amp input with another through an given instrument. I f***ing can't find one anywhere, well Studiospares (London)etc. That must be something people use all the time, for example splitting a bass into two lines (one to amp, one for any other hi-Z input and one Di to the mixer). Resolution for that is not a normal DI box ('cause you want to link the direct signal to the amp and need a second out apart from the balanced 'mic' out). There are Linesplitters, but they work with a nominal level between -10dbv and +4 dbu and than there are mic splitters etc. Problem is definately the impedance, I loose all top end and lows on guitars and bass when I just splitt the signal passively, even if I use a Di box I still have that problem and it's not the DI, I tested various (still do it sometimes, if I have to - very lofi!)Help! Did I miss anything? What do I need?
Robert
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

Check out the PCP by Littlelabs

www.littlelabs.com

-John
Old 15th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Line splitter

The Litte Labs MULTI Z DIRECT BOX looks great, the specs read impressive, I would like to have one, but... it cost probably even more here in England, so is there a more affordable solution (less hi end) for my wallet, cant afford one month rent on an DI box (unfortunately)..
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

I 'broke down" and got the Little Labs unit. While it DOES seem pricey, you'll thank yourself for getting one, and turn to it in moments of creativity.
Old 15th March 2003
Gear Addict

Little Labs for me! Redeye isn't that expensive for DI/re-amping/splitter.
Old 15th March 2003
Gear Addict

The PCP is kind of expensive, but it has so many uses. It took a bit of a deep breath, but I've never regretted getting mine.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search