The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sony DPS-R7 info Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 8th May 2005
Gear interested

Sony DPS-R7 info

Hello, after getting a DPS-V77, I was able to find an R7 yesterday, so now I can make use of the remote that I have.
After powering up I'm greeted with System/Midi Reset and Software version 1.10, going on to tell me "battery voltage low".
I find later that the battery is 0.1v, and not knowing what it should be, suspect it should be changed sooner than later. I also discover there are no user memories whatsoever ! Now, whether this is because the previous owners didn't bother to store any or what, I don't know. But, I would have thought they would have been factory filled at least.
Aha ! but the battery level has probably wiped them, as a test save is not stored.

Of course, not coming with a manual doesn't help.
Anyone have a pdf ?

If anyone wants to post factory user or user programmes, they'd be welcome
Also, what the last software rev was.

Finally, has anyone with the V77 compared them together ?

regards
Lyn
Old 8th May 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenham
Hello, after getting a DPS-V77, I was able to find an R7 yesterday, so now I can make use of the remote that I have.
After powering up I'm greeted with System/Midi Reset and Software version 1.10, going on to tell me "battery voltage low".
I find later that the battery is 0.1v, and not knowing what it should be, suspect it should be changed sooner than later. I also discover there are no user memories whatsoever ! Now, whether this is because the previous owners didn't bother to store any or what, I don't know. But, I would have thought they would have been factory filled at least.
Aha ! but the battery level has probably wiped them, as a test save is not stored.

Anyone have a pdf ?

regards
Lyn

If your battery is low, you won't be able to save any user presets. If you replace the battery you should be good, but be advised that the battery is soldered onto the PCB, so you'll have a little work to do.

I have the manual, but not as a PDF. It wouldn't be much use to you anyway, since it doesn't include a list of the factory presets.
Old 8th May 2005
Gear interested

[QUOTE=grenham]
QUOTE]
By this, I mean via midi bulk dump either to a seq prgm as a Sys Ex file or using
Sounddiver for example.
Old 8th May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenham

Anyone have a pdf ?

regards
Lyn

You need to change the battery.

A CR 3.2 v from Radio shack will do.

It s pretty easy to do.

You just have to pry it off carefully with a pair of pliers to leave the leads intact.

Then solder 2 wires to each lead and the other end to the corresponding +/- of the battery itself.

Tape it down and voila you are done.

The presets are stored on the rom so you will be fine.

How does it compare?

The R7 is a dedicated reverb machine.

One of the best and underated if you ask me(watch the prices on Ebay go through the roof now).

(If i see any quote of what i've said here to justify a ridiculous price on Ebay i will shoot the seller)

It was part of the whole "7" series-R7,M7,D7 and F7+ remote(i own 2 of each and one F7).

I also have the DPSV77 which is like the "greatest hits" of the 7 series and it has the digital ins.

What i noticed is the converters are slightly thinner on the DPSV77 which makes it dissapear a little in the mix.

But you have to remember the others were dedicated and expensive machines when they were first released($1.5K-$2K).

They just didn't catch on because of the name and the price.

Also they have enormous amount of seb menus.

Similar to what happened to the Roland R-880.

Its appreciated more by hardcore efx guys(like mysef) than your standard studio guy.
Old 8th May 2005
Motown legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor
They just didn't catch on because of the name and the price.
The name, the price and the fact that Lexicon demanded such huge minimum orders from their dealers that most wouldn't demonstrate anything that was competitive (much less cheaper or better!) for fear of not being able to sell enough Lexicon to keep their dealership.
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Head

Sony R7 Remote

Hi guys,

I own a Sony R7 and i would love to get a remote for it. If any of you ever have one for sale or know somebody... Please let me know at:

y s t p i e r r e 7 8 @ h o t m a i l . c o m

It will be very appreciated.

Best regards.

Yves
Old 24th November 2017
Here for the gear
I´ve got a DPS-R7 where the display went all blank on me after I changed the battery.

There is sound on the unit. I get the metered level in, I can adjust the level and the Dry-signal, but when turning the Effect I hear on change. The display is lit but no symbols, no text, no nothing except the green background light.

Also when turning the jog wheel I get no response, no change in sound character, but then I really don´t know what I am doing without the feedback of the display.

The display were working before I replaced the battery.

Any ideas to how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 14th June 2018
Here for the gear

I´ve got a DPS-R7 where the display went all blank on me after I changed the battery.

The display were working before I replaced the battery.

Any ideas to how to solve this?

- Double check battery leads - make sure they are not reversed, or shorting out somewhere (against the cover?).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search