The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lunchbox Mixbuss EQ/Comp?
Old 16th September 2008
Gear Nut

Lunchbox Mixbuss EQ/Comp?

Any advice about series 500 models for the mixbuss? I did search but couldn't find a thread with a straight answer....

Thanks
Old 16th September 2008
The BMD Komit has been like x2 mini atomic squeeze boxes on my mix.

Fully linkable and will just about make the mix punch you in the teeth, without the side-affects of bad compression over the stereo mix down. If you want some character-full crushing, just push the gain into the limiter.

But Before you patch it on the program,

It asks you:

HEAD or GUT?
Old 16th September 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Mixwell View Post
But Before you patch it on the program,

It asks you:

HEAD or GUT?
Not both?

Thanks mate. How about EQ? The JLM PEQ500?
Old 16th September 2008
Buzz Audio Essence pair in a pair of Buzz Audio Tonic EQ's. Very low noise, huge bandwidth (the top and bottom go on forever), and as much headroom as you could ever want. Not to mention they sound extremely musical and sweet. Functionally they are very appropriate for the two bus. The Essence can yield as much or as little gain reduction without mucking up the lows, and the Tonic has the right choice of frequencies for the perfect 'smiley' face (subtle or not) curve.
Old 17th September 2008
Gear Nut

Thanks for the advice guys....
Old 17th September 2008
500 series nutjob

i fan of the buzz audio essence comps here as well!
as to EQs, i am using a pair of the A-Design EM-PEQs and the HAMMER.
if i did not have the HAMMER i would probably go with the EM-PEQS, and the new API 550A
i just love the bottom and the MOJO the EM-PEQ brings to the table.
Old 18th September 2008
Gear Nut

Thanks.
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

I have a pr. of the JLM PEQ-500's: it really depends what you want, but if you sacrifice the versatility of multiple bands (i.e. API 550b/Avedis E27) the PEQ-500 most def. is a VERY nice sounding EQ. I use it all the time for its intended use (2 bus/program EQ) - both top and bottom are expansive, and a delight to crank. It's almost impossible to make anything sound bad. The top end is soft, never strident, and the bottom is unreal - sometimes a bit too much of a good thing because you can boost and boost and keep thinking this sounds incredible. For a PEQ, it really has a lot of freq. choices, and sounds unbelieveable - also the build quality is top notch. I have a pr. of Eisen lilPEQr's beside the JLM's, and tho they also sound great, are nowhere near as flexible as the PEQ-500's...

My .02 c
Old 18th September 2008
Gear Nut

Thanks for all your posts guys. Interesting....
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

Another Essence fan. I like the Eisen Lil PEQr for EQ.
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

I really like the Komit/LILPEQr combo! Since the LILPEQrs aren't available anymore, you might want to look at the EM-PEQ or the new one from JLM. As well, I anticipate getting either the Purple Odds or S&M EQSM-1s to use as filters/subtractive EQ prior to hitting the Komits.

Stu

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search