The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
More free stuff....let's do it again!
Old 21st September 2008
Gear Maniac

I haven't had a chance to look for anything to give away yet, but in the meantime, I can offer my vocal melodyning skills!
If you've got some not quite perfect vocals that need kicking into shape, PM me, send me your files and I'll tune 'em up and send 'em back to you all nice and tuned!
spread the love!
joe
Old 21st September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejoe View Post
I haven't had a chance to look for anything to give away yet, but in the meantime, I can offer my vocal melodyning skills!
If you've got some not quite perfect vocals that need kicking into shape, PM me, send me your files and I'll tune 'em up and send 'em back to you all nice and tuned!
spread the love!
joe
You must be a glutton for punishment! We're only try to get people to spread love and generocity, not crucify themselves! heh Seriously though, I think that's very generous of you to offer that kind of time (applause).
Old 21st September 2008
Quote:
spread the love!
joe
oh my!!!!! i am so going to take you up on that offer! don't know many people who can use melodyne well, let alone who actually have it!!

that's very generous of you, i'll PM you if i need some work done, and i'd gladly return the favour in some way - if you've written some sax parts, i could definitely record them for you!

nick
Old 21st September 2008
Gear Maniac

No problems! I melodyne alot for a living, so another hour or so infront of the little blobs will hardly kill me! It's just nice to be able to offer something!
joe
Old 21st September 2008
ha!

i play/teach the sax for a living. if you love your work, then you're likely to do a little here and there for free.

nice to know there are damn spiffing people around
Old 21st September 2008
Gear Maniac

congrats to lemauce and into the white!
your stuff will be tuned!
nick the sax, pm me if you need anything done and If I can help, I will.
joe
Old 21st September 2008
Lives for gear

Nice work, boys.

Now I won't have to break RawBeanZen.

Peace Out,

Fedor

Last edited by Gearbot; 4th December 2017 at 11:09 AM..
Old 21st September 2008
Lives for gear

Aye for the sticky...keep the luv going.
Old 21st September 2008
Quote:
congrats to lemauce and into the white!
your stuff will be tuned!
nick the sax, pm me if you need anything done and If I can help, I will.
joe
i certainly will. looking forward to contacting you
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneldon View Post
As the "turnaround" part of the deal, I can offer free/excellent guitar and bass playing on someone's album.
...To say nothing of your maniacal vibraphone skills.

Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Nice job everybody

Kudos to y'all and RawBeanZen

OK. I can offer some graphic design services for some-one in need.

A logo refresh perhaps? I get a bit of time in between jobs here, so may as well put it o good use heh

I can't guarantee you'll love what I'll do, but we can give it shot!

Who want's in?
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Oh, I could use a massive logo help... I have no photoshop skills at all, it took me hours to come up with this one:

Aiken Audio

Anything you could do to improve that would help me a lot...
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAiken View Post
Oh, I could use a massive logo help... I have no photoshop skills at all, it took me hours to come up with this one:

Aiken Audio

Anything you could do to improve that would help me a lot...
I'll PM you now!!!
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

I have an Akai ME35T audio-midi trigger unit with 8 trigger inputs. I haven't used it in ages but it should be work fine. I never used it much. PM if interested
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Hey guys I just got a notice from somebody with 1 post. IMO I'd rather help somebody who's a GS regular than somebody who's trying to grab something for free and doesn't contribute to the community.

Check the post count if that matters to you, I almost didn't

I hope there's not some guys watching this thread trying to get stuff under the radar

BTW The Akai is spoken for
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dman View Post
I'd rather help somebody who's a GS regular than somebody who's trying to grab something for free and doesn't contribute to the community.
Thank you.

While we're at it, it's come to my attention that a couple people have scored considerably more free stuff from this thread than they've proceeded to gift forth. tutt

Honor system, folks...let's do the right thing.

I'd hate to have to sic Fedor on anyone!

Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

I have an ART DI/O someone can have. I haven't used in it quite some time, but it worked fine last time I used it. Who knows if it still does.
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dman View Post
Hey guys I just got a notice from somebody with 1 post. IMO I'd rather help somebody who's a GS regular than somebody who's trying to grab something for free and doesn't contribute to the community.
Check the post count if that matters to you, I almost didn't
I hope there's not some guys watching this thread trying to get stuff under the radar
That's something that really bothers me. I've offered some tubes to those who are stuck w/ cheap gear and can't upgrade. Well, some of the PM's I've gotten are from people who have either: already gotten free stuff on this thread, have decent gear already, or are asking for hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. This blows me away because I just got laid off and I am relying on my part-time tube sales business to survive. I just wanted to give what I could but I feel like some people are taking whatever they can get for free.
However, there are a couple guys who will be getting tubes (I haven't emailed them yet though).
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

From my first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen View Post
All I ask of the winner in return is that you post in this thread and gift something you don't need to someone else...
It's very simple.

Here's a thought: What if the giver was to congratulate the winner by user name in each instance?

That way we achieve transparency. Everyone can see who just scored, and we can all look forward to having that individual hop back onto this thread and continue the gifting.

Make sense?

What do you folks think?
Old 22nd September 2008
Gear Maniac

Tomorrow I will check everywhere in here to find something to give to someone! I don't have much gear but I will try to find something that somebody else will use it better than me!

If someone need extreme drum editing, I have spare time and I'm very fast to edit metal drum so I would be happy to help someone who record a metal band and who want a really really tight and perfect drum sound (sound replacer job too!) PM me!

Benoit
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Thank you, Benoit!

It's so easy to keep this thing afloat if we all just keep the energy flowing...

Old 22nd September 2008
Gear Addict

this is a rad thread, just found it. i probably have something free i don't need anymore....i'll be back soon with something to give!!!
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

It's so cool to see how the direction of this thread has changed: At first we had mostly posts from people saying they wanted to get free stuff, now it's mostly people wanting to give things to others. Instills a really good feeling insidse a person. I'm going to go hug my cat now.
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

I have a tech21 Midi Mouse, if anybody wants...

it's basically an up/down midi program change controller pedal...

i used it a lot and it works perfectly... but now it deserves a new home...
Old 22nd September 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWIE View Post
It's so cool to see how the direction of this thread has changed: At first we had mostly posts from people saying they wanted to get free stuff, now it's mostly people wanting to give things to others. Instills a really good feeling insidse a person. I'm going to go hug my cat now.
haha my mom gave me one of her 3 cats yesterday because I wanted one, I will hug mine ! heh
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

the midi mouse... already has a new owner...

hirocaster...

(i am not sure how the rules go, but he was the first to answer... and it is simpler since both of us are in Brazil...even though we actually live pretty far apart..)

but i'll be sure to post something else...
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

ART Update: I was testing the ART DI/O before giving it to someone and after plugging it in, it popped then started smoking. So much for that.
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Not much here. I've been giving stuff away for years heh
A couple things currently not connected and collecting dust.
Paia 2x6 MIDI patchbay (worked when last used 10 years ago)
Peavey Spectrum MIDI Bass module (also unused for 10 years)
Neutrik patchbay (pulled from rack last month)

I won't be checking PM's tonight - gotta get my 5 hours sleep before work tomorrow
Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

THE RULES (I guess it had to happen eventually!)

OK....this thing has obviously taken off since I created the thread. Lots of people are involved, and I'm receiving requests for some rules (guidelines?).

Fair enough.

1) If you gift someone, congratulate that person by user name on this thread so we can all see who won. How the winner is determined is entirely up to you: It could be the first responder, the person with the most compelling story, the coolest avatar (), whatever.

2) If you're the recipient of a gift, please come back onto this thread in a short period of time and offer something up. Let's keep the giving in motion.

3) Keep it balanced. Don't let the number of things you've received exceed the number of things you've given to others. This is important.

4) Use lots of emoticons, because they're fun.

Old 22nd September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen View Post
OK....this thing has obviously taken off since I created the thread. Lots of people are involved, and I'm receiving requests for some rules.

Fair enough.

1) If you gift someone, congratulate that person by user name on this thread so we can all see who won. How the winner is determined is entirely up to you: It could be the first responder, the person with the most compelling story, the coolest avatar (), whatever. If you don't want people who have previously won things on this thread to participate, state that clearly.

2) If you've been notified that you're the recipient of a gift, please come back onto this thread in a short period of time and offer something up.

3) Keep it balanced. Don't let the number of things you've won exceed the number of things you've gifted to others. This is important.

4) Use lots of Emoticons, because they're fun.

5) I reserve the right to modify any of this after I've had my coffee tomorrow morning and can actually think straight! (I'll be up for another hour or so...anyone who wants to send me their thoughts about these rules is welcome to do so)...

...Another idea might be to restrict recipients to members who joined PRIOR to this thread AND/OR maybe members with a certain number of posts.

..OR otherwise a public first post which outlines a little personal history,current position,setup,and gear needed..Instead of being able to request for posted gear themselves,these passive 'brand-noobs' would have to have gear actively donated to them by slutz,who feel their need is genuine.This could be the case until the individual has gifted something themself AND/OR has a certain post count.

..May help prevent certain unscrupulous types seeing this as a quick eBay buck..which unfortunately some will.

F
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search