The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
More free stuff....let's do it again!
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
They just couldn't believe someone would give away something they could be selling.
Cynics!

The belief that everyone always has a hidden agenda is false. Sometimes we just give.

Good on you for trying.
Old 18th September 2008

Ok, I'll play (EDIT: THIS HAS FINISHED)

I'll give away a Digidesign DINR LE software ilok asset, I'll pay the transfer, Sweetwater values it at $495 USD on sale price, although most people got it as part of an upgrade incentive Digi put out a while back, typically sells on gearslutz for about $100 incl.

Digidesign DINR LE | Sweetwater.com

I'm not giving it away to the first person, I'll draw one randomly out of pms in the first 24 hours, limit one pm per person.

good luck!
narco
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

I have several licenses that I didn't download cause I have them in double .

Revibe,Smack,SpeedHD . Don't know how to transfer licenses that were not downloaded .
Old 18th September 2008
Gear Maniac

AAARRRGGGG !!!

What a shame that I don't own PT (BTW dou you know Soundscape ?) because I'm from France me too...

@ Volodia : nice thread, and your studio is very nice too ( saw it in KB magazine )

Paul

Le site de Déroutés
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIGUIER View Post
@ Volodia : nice thread, and your studio is very nice too
Ah, he thinks you started this thread Volodia....that's what I get for ripping off your avatar!

Now maybe Midnightsun and Macaroni will chime in too so we can really confuse people...

Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

lets align the suns
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volodia View Post
lets align the suns
INDEED.....calling Midnightsun and Macaroni!
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

If anyone feels like donating a Sony C37A to a bearded dude in Foxboro, MA I can honestly say it would go to a good home. It doesn't even have to work.

As the "turnaround" part of the deal, I can offer free/excellent guitar and bass playing on someone's album.

Any takers?
Old 18th September 2008

bump, my freebie is still available for another 12 hours or so (?) (EDIT: THIS HAS NOW FINISHED)

check earlier in the thread

narco
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

I think every Gearslut should have a day with the Grace 101.

Use it for a day, take your picture with it, send it to the next guy. So and so on.
Old 18th September 2008
Gear Addict

me too........

I was at a out-of-state wedding reception about a month ago, and adult beverages were involved.

After a glass or two of Cabernet, I suggested that the wedding band leader should add a little reverb to the vocal. Turns out there was no reverb to add. Then I suggested that he look for a Midiverb II, since he could probably get one cheap.

After some more Cabernet I told him that I would donate a Midiverb II.

And I did.

And now we're long distance buddies.

That's how it works. Random acts and all that. It wasn't a Grace preamp, but I believe that the principal is the same.
Old 18th September 2008
Gear Maniac

What a great thread -- nice to know good people still exist.
Old 18th September 2008
"Well Ive been thinking bout
All the places we've surfed and danced and
All the faces weve missed so lets get
Back together and do it again"

--Beach Boys, "Do It Again"
Old 18th September 2008
OK -

My Amplitube 1 license is back up for giveaway - it turns out there IS a catch - it's a crossgrade serial number only.

So, to use this, you MUST already have an IK Multimedia product (that's not free) registered to you.

As it turns out, Amplitube LE, Sampletank SE and the T-Racks EQ that are included with Pro Tools LE and other DAW software do NOT count as "free" and therefore are OK as far as this prerequisite goes, so if you have any of those, this is OK.

I'll remind you that this software will only function on Windows XP and PPC-Mac based DAWs as well.

Anyway, the first to PM me (who can use this) gets the serial number, on the condition that you gift something forward to someone else!

If you've already obtained a freebie from anyone else I'd strongly discourage you from applying for this one if possible, I'd like to spread the love around a little!

Good luck!
Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
If you've already obtained a freebie from anyone else I'd strongly discourage you from applying for this one if possible, I'd like to spread the love around a little!
Good one.

Let's give as many people as possible the opportunity to get some cool free stuff!

Old 18th September 2008
Lives for gear

We're having a World Party!

Loving it.

Thank you, everyone.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

I usually give out my old BMX bike parts and oh oh I almost forgot, I haven given anway all the cheapo(but working) cables, couple mics and headphones to my young relatives who have bands. Nothing fancy but I hope they were of use.

-Tomi
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

hahahaha! this is awesome! A Grace 101?! Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. That will probably be my next preamp btw.
Fun!
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

This is an absolutely fantastic idea. Im going to start looking around my studio for things I dont need and will start offering some stuff back.

I may have something to give away, once the new studio is all built. I will let you all know!

alexP
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
That will probably be my next preamp btw.
Yes, in fact it will.

heh
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volodia View Post
Wow, that's a great thread . I have stuff that I will never use gain .

I'll check and see . Problem is there are not a lot of french GS .
if you don't like ur U47 you can always send it my way
signed:
A French GearSlutz

Great idea. I might add some stuff soon too (let me get power back on from the hurricane first!)
Old 19th September 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Device View Post
I think every Gearslut should have a day with the Grace 101.

Use it for a day, take your picture with it, send it to the next guy. So and so on.
I like this idea. Even if it is not the Grace, it would be a great idea for anything!
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

Very nice of you guys to give away stuff...and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was jealous! I'd love to try the Grace with my Earthworks mics.
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran View Post
Very nice of you guys to give away stuff...and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was jealous! I'd love to try the Grace with my Earthworks mics.
Want the antidote to that feeling of jealousy?

Hop back on this thread and gift something you don't really need to someone who does.

I promise you the inner satisfaction you'll feel will dissolve that jealous feeling.

Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

I love this idea. I gave my old Hammond T series to a friend when I got my B. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/good-...lly-got-b.html

I've got a couple of things that I could give away but they are very much Low End. A MOTU Fast Lane - USB Midi Interface and an Alesis Nano Comp if anyone wants them.

Well...I do have a pair of 10" Kendrick Black Frame speakers that I haven't used in years. I honestly don't know when the last time they were used was. I don't own anything with 10" speakers any more and sold the amp I bought these for years ago. They are kind of heavy so I'd like to not have to ship them half way around the world. I'll do the drawing out of responces and not 1st PM get's it.

Will
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

Very cool of RawBeanZen

I'll bite!

I have an ATTY that I can do.
There are 2 strings attached.

1, I would like to see it go to somebody who has been effected by today's economy.............Ex: lost their job or the floods in the south or whatever and is still doing their best to create music.

2, I would also like RawBeanZen to pick the winner. So you would have to PM HIM and he in turn will PM me his pick.

Thanks again RawBeanZen for the kindness.

Peter
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Montessi View Post
I'll bite!

I have an ATTY that I can do.
There are 2 strings attached.

1, I would like to see it go to somebody who has been effected by today's economy.............Ex: lost their job or the floods in the south or whatever and is still doing their best to create music.

2, I would also like RawBeanZen to pick the winner. So you would have to PM HIM and he in turn will PM me his pick.

Thanks again RawBeanZen for the kindness.

Peter

Very Nice!
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Montessi View Post
I'll bite!
Peter, you are the coolest!!!

UPDATE: OK, I've made a decision as to who wins the ATTY, and let me just say that was not easy.

Congratulations to Iordan!

Your stories touched me, folks. Thank you for the messages.

I'll let Peter know...
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawBeanZen View Post
Peter, you are the coolest!!!

No I'm so sorry...........it's people like YOU that make the world a little nicer and this forum a little more civil heh

Peter
Old 19th September 2008
Lives for gear

ok I'm in...

It's nothing much, but I have a Boss lmb-3 bass limiter pedal for anyone that needs it. I'll pay shipping.
If anyone could really appreciate it, I have a sealed can of some nice Oolong tea that I won't be brewing...please if you don't know what that is, then don't bother.
you have also convinced me to permanently lend a bass to an eager teenager who can't afford one.
cheers
...cast your bread upon the waters...but who likes soggy toast!
hmmm I could swear there was someone giving away a 'Smack' plugin but i cant find it now.
I am in Taiwan, If anyone needs something from here, tell me what it is and perhaps why you need it and I'll see what I can do. BTW I am FAR...very Far from rich so don't get too ambitious.
...while we are at it, if anyone needs a bass track done...shout at me.

Last edited by mingustoo; 19th September 2008 at 02:39 AM.. Reason: add stuff
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search