1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Goat! Goat! GOAT!
GOOOOOOOAAAAAAT!
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

12 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
hey goat! everyone!! long time no post..

being, studying, and working a lot besides the pandemic... it´s not easy but it has been rewarding..

https://qrco.de/YTUXLINKS
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by taturana View Post
hey goat! everyone!! long time no post..

being, studying, and working a lot besides the pandemic... it´s not easy but it has been rewarding..

Hey taturana! Hope things are okay in Brazil for you. I know it's just as crazy down there right now as it is up here.
What are you studying? I meant to learn another language during our pandemic time (or at least attempt it). My good Brazilian friend here in LA is learning Italian, so I've been thinking I should get on board and see Italy some day when the restrictions lift! But I've been working and plugging away at creative projects as well.
Was supposed to play out this year with a friend, so we finally got around to a quarantine friendly music video (greenscreen) and he released it yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!! And if you're not US-centric, a great normal weekend!
Lives for gear

OMG my brain didn't even go full circle on that yet... After Robinson mixed my record I referred my friend Dan Kincaid to have his record mixed by RBZ. We both worked with RBZ professionally, now we're back to working together again.
Lives for gear

12 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
it has been active, i´ve been able to keep production and have quite a few good musicians working because of this project i am producing,,, we are making one album an year... strangely, i had no gigs booked for this period so i just kept going full throttle in the studio

it´s in portuguese which is our local language but it´s is basically me, here in rio and a friend in são paulo who write and produce the songs with some fine studio musicians here...

because we were forced to stay home each in their own studio we have a new record coming up which i am finishing all the post profution and overdubs;mix/master et cetera...

i was studying hans zimmer, mick guzauski, prokofieff, physics, so many things it´s even hard to keep up.
but it´s some cool classic rock with a brazilian twist and few orchestral arrangements i am so in fond of,,, and happen to write,, hehe.. it´s best to listen on soundcloud, no commercials and decent sound;;;
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Taturana... sounds like a great project!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the US GiveSlutz.
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

New Here, introducing myself

Hi everyone! My name's Rowan, I'm 16 years old and have been teaching myself production and songwriting. I used to live with Robinson (RBZ), and he was like family to me, I grew up in his recording studio practically while my mom recorded songs with him. we lived in the house under the recording studio. I hadn't started learning production when he passed and I wish so much he was still here. I hope it might be okay if I could drop in and ask questions on occasion? Thanks so much!

Warmly,

Rowan
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Rowan,

Any friend of RBZ is a friend of mine. We may not be smartest slutz around, but I bet we'll try our best to answer any questions you might have.

Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellogoodbye View Post
Hi everyone! My name's Rowan, I'm 16 years old and have been teaching myself production and songwriting. I used to live with Robinson (RBZ), and he was like family to me, I grew up in his recording studio practically while my mom recorded songs with him. we lived in the house under the recording studio. I hadn't started learning production when he passed and I wish so much he was still here. I hope it might be okay if I could drop in and ask questions on occasion? Thanks so much!

Warmly,

Rowan
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC View Post
Rowan,

Any friend of RBZ is a friend of mine. We may not be smartest slutz around, but I bet we'll try our best to answer any questions you might have.

Budget
Agreed! And speak for yourself Budget, I'm definitely not the smartest slutz around.
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Thank you all so much! In fact, I think I have my first question - there is this song I heard the other day and really liked the drum sounds in it and was wondering if ya'll might have any ideas? I'll give a link, it's the first 10 seconds

https://youtu.be/tL3T4IgBfao

Thanks all!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
We may not be smartest slutz around, but I bet we'll try our best to answer any questions you might have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
Agreed! And speak for yourself Budget, I'm definitely not the smartest slutz around.
Quote:
there is this song I heard the other day and really liked the drum sounds in it and was wondering if ya'll might have any ideas?
Well, as it just so happens, I am the smartest slutz around.

So smart, in fact that I'm smart enough to never answer a question about which I know nothing (drums, for instance).

Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you all so much! In fact, I think I have my first question - there is this song I heard the other day and really liked the drum sounds in it and was wondering if ya'll might have any ideas? I'll give a link, it's the first 10 seconds

https://youtu.be/tL3T4IgBfao

Thanks all!
It's very minimalist and clearly sample based. I couldn't tell you what was used exactly though. I'm sure any of the bigger drum software instruments out there have something similar enough.
What attracts you to that sound? Is it the simplicity of it? I mean simplicity in a good way. Often it's best to not throw in the kitchen sink and strip stuff away. When Robinson mixed my record he tossed out some parts, which was helpful. It can be good to overbuild as long as you have enough objectivity to strip away later. I don't have that so RBZ was a great help in that way!
Here for the gear

yes, I suppose I am attracted by that minimalist sound, I ended up recording me snapping and tapping a wood block and layered it with a rim shot and snare and it sounded pretty cool! Thanks so much!
Lives for gear

Quote:
yes, I suppose I am attracted by that minimalist sound, I ended up recording me snapping and tapping a wood block and layered it with a rim shot and snare and it sounded pretty cool! Thanks so much!
It's so funny you did that because I was going to say you could make some interesting percussive sounds like that with "objects!" Very cool. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Let me clearly and emphatically state for the record that I know nothing about banging random objects together.
Attached Thumbnails
More free stuff....let's do it again!-bang-spoon.jpg  
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Love that picture, Budget.
Old 16th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Thanks man.

My doctor worries I might have a cocaine problem. I tell him I just REALLY REALLY like cereal.

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Meanwhile at Budget's house...

Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Now THAT'S WHAT I'M Talkin' ABOUT!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Merry Christmas, Youz Slutz!

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I wish you all a peaceful, healthy and creative holiday.
All the best from Norway.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Best wishes to all .
Lives for gear

A bit late here, but a more generic Happy Holidays should cover everything and everyone for a few weeks!!!
Hope everyone is good!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Yo Foxwaves! Hope you are staying safe. The Covid is hammering my friends and family in East Tennessee!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yo Foxwaves! Hope you are staying safe. The Covid is hammering my friends and family in East Tennessee!
Hey Budget! Probably due to my trade and location, the virus situation has had almost no effect on me personally. Unfortunately, I've been frying other fish and it's not been pleasant.

Sorry to hear your kin are having a tough time; I wish them better days! Tennessee just lost number one status for the virus, so apparently it's fertile here.

Color between the lines, Budget!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves View Post
Hey Budget! Probably due to my trade and location, the virus situation has had almost no effect on me personally. Unfortunately, I've been frying other fish and it's not been pleasant.

Sorry to hear your kin are having a tough time; I wish them better days! Tennessee just lost number one status for the virus, so apparently it's fertile here.

Color between the lines, Budget!
The one time I'm not proud to overtake you guys!
Glad you're hanging in there Mr. Waves. Drop me a line and let me know what's new if you feel up to it!
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Sir Foxwaves,

Glad you're not dealing with too much Covid... but sorry you're dealing with other fish.

A good chunk of my Tennessee (Knoxville-ish) family has had the bug so far. My strapping 22-year-old nephew was the sickest of the bunch. Laid him low for over a week, and even more than a month later he still can't smell or taste much. On the good news side my mother managed to get the vaccine in the first round, so that's a real plus.

I'm keeping it all in-between the lines as best as I can.

Love youz guyz!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I'm super lucky here. No COVID for me, my wife got her first vaccine last week, and my mom got hers today.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I'm super lucky here. No COVID for me, my wife got her first vaccine last week, and my mom got hers today.
Great news! My dad I think is up for his turn due to immuno suppressants he's been on for decades. Unfortunately, my partner's medical condition which makes her susceptible is contraindicated for the vaccine for now, until they can be certain she won't be harmed by it, so it's extra hard lockdown for us for now. We've been very fortunate to have our jobs and the flexibility to work remotely, especially as Los Angeles County is in terrible condition. My nurse friends are having a rough go and I hear a lot about them watching helplessly as people pass...
Setting aside all issues of what got us here, I certainly hope in 2021 people everywhere can help look out for each other!!! Stay safe Giveslutz!
📝 Reply