The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
More free stuff....let's do it again!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetMC View Post
There are rumors of videos... but I haven't seen them yet. I do have a pic...

You got off the porch and ran with the big dogs that night! Dandy!

Last edited by foxwaves; 2 weeks ago at 12:45 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Great shots Budget!!!

....and Happy belated Birthday foxwaves!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Great shots Budget!!!

....and Happy belated Birthday foxwaves!
Thanks, Unc! Where have you been hiding lately? I'm ready to hear more of you and Stella .
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
I have an unregistered license for the Terry Date Expansion pack for Steven Slate Drums 4/5 if anyone is interested.
Just reply to this post with your favorite drummer and I’ll randomly pick a winner after a couple days.
Still available!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwaves View Post
Thanks, Unc! Where have you been hiding lately?
I have been hiding out in the North Country. New song with Stella soon.

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have been hiding out in the North Country. New song with Stella soon.

YES PLEASE!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Still available!
I usually don't sweep in on these, but if no one else is up for the pickin' I do love me some SSD5.

It's always been a tie for me between Vinnie Calautti and Bonham. Different reasons for each, but the way Bono hit those tubs man...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
New song with Stella soon.
Lorraine
https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/...ongID=13891634
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Nice man. I like it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unc, this is a slightly different style than usual for you, isn't it? I like it a lot. You had Stella over-driven a little, didn't you? It fit, and occasionally I heard a guitar run that almost had a little Spanish flavor.

This is another gem and I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I do all of your offerings.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
I usually don't sweep in on these, but if no one else is up for the pickin' I do love me some SSD5.

It's always been a tie for me between Vinnie Calautti and Bonham. Different reasons for each, but the way Bono hit those tubs man...
It's yours! PM sent.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's yours! PM sent.
Sweeeeeeet!

To keep this train moving, I have a little Korg Microkey controller that could use a good home. A few DI boxes as well. Maybe a small four channel mixer... Let me go home and take some photos and post up what I have to offer.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.c. View Post
Sweeeeeeet!
.....as the beat goes on.
Old 2 weeks ago
I just found out today. I'm at a loss for words. I've never been good with words anyway, but I'm even worse with them now.

The world lost a light that day, one that it desperately needed. Godspeed, my friend.

I'll be back later, y'all. I've gotta finish this run and get the truck back to the yard with tears in my eyes now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric conn View Post
I came here today to out RawBeanZen—and I am very happy to find that it’s already been done.

Roboinson Eikenberry was my friend, and as friends come and friends go over a lifetime, I can say that for 33 years Robinson was a true friend. And I can also say he was a true friend to many many other people as well.

Robinson was an artist; not only as a recording engineer, but as a musician, a writer, and a visual artist. The man was talented beyond belief and a craftsman who honed his talent, he was humble, and he was kind. He was kind. I cannot say that with enough emphasis. He was kind to everyone, and especially kind to strangers. It was not an act, it was not for recognition, it was not for public acknowledgement or praise, he was simply kind for the purpose of being kind. That, and he got a kick out of blowing peoples minds.

One of his favorite games of kindness was the “random act” game; this consisted of picking a stranger and doing something for them. It could be monetary, it could be some sort of invisible help of some kind, it could be buying a stranger a meal. But it was always secret. It might include another person, a partner in crime; but often it was just Robinson being Robinson. He lived simply, did not own a car, and relied on a land line with an answering machine for longer than anyone I know in the 21st century. (he did eventually get a cell phone!)

Robinson was as close to a mystic as anyone I’ve ever known. He operated on a frequency that seemed to resonate with everyone he met. When he met you, he immediately accepted you allowed you to be whomever you were as a person, without judgment, and with an energetic devotion to whatever your dreams were—a devotion that felt like he was more excited about whatever you were doing than you even were. This is one of the many many things that made him such an excellent engineer and producer, but most importantly, he was an excellent manifestation of a human being. I will miss him, as will so many other people. And in missing him I will endeavor to be more like him, because that’s what the world will always need; not more gear, (sorry forum) but more Robinsons.

So, go out and buy someone you don’t know dinner. Or lunch. Or subway fare, or a beer. (It’s not about the grandness of the gesture, simply the gesture itself. Do what you are comfortable with.) Pay someone’s way, give something of yourself, and walk away with a smile, or stay a bit and watch the magic. Robinson liked to stay and watch, just a little, just long enough to exclaim “HA! See?! There it is!” Do this enough times, and you’ll surely be able to see all that he was able to see.

[edit - yes to all sharing requests; please share, quote, pass it on, pay it forward]
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

OMG. I didn't know about RawBeanZen. I didn't know him, but I did read a lot of his posts. In fact, he once gifted me a mic. Definitely a true kind soul.

To honor him, I'd like to offer a gift card to anyone that needs it to get some gear so we can have more music in this world. Just PM me.

:(
Old 2 weeks ago
I know this is not the place for these things but needed to share.
My wife through 12 years, and best friend through 20 years passed away last night :(
She died in her sleep, so felt no pain.
I'm just devastated now.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargg View Post
My wife through 12 years, and best friend through 20 years passed away last night :(
I'm just devastated now.
Words aren't enough, my friend. I'm deeply sorry. You have friends here, including me, if you need to talk. I wish you comfort and peace.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I'm just devastated now.
Oh man, I am so sorry, hard for me to fully put myself in your shoes but I know I’d be a week also. I hope the memories of the good life you had together and the love you showed each other helps you through it.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Be Love Now

Hello all ~~

Mama Zen here... RawBeanZen's mama

We produced an album in Robinson's memory and it turned out beautifully! Here's an article about it, and Robinson from this week's Santa Barbara Independent https://www.independent.com/2019/07/...emorial-album/

The CD is available for download or purchase at https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/belovenow

Lots of love, Mama Zen
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Weird how someone who you don't even know can make such an impact on you. I guess it is a testament to his character. I just pledge some towards his documentary.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=thanks-copy

You raised a wonderful man Mama Zen!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Weird how someone who you don't even know can make such an impact on you. I guess it is a testament to his character. I just pledge some towards his documentary.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=thanks-copy

You raised a wonderful man Mama Zen!
Thank you!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I'm just devastated now.
I am so sorry to hear of your terrible, devastating loss. I cannot imagine what you must be going through right now. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

name change

I've been talking a little with Budget in PM's. My last post on this thread was at the time RBZ passed. That was a sad day. Before that it was sometime in 2015. It was never ever my intention to hurt anyone or make anyone feel bad. During those last few days here I was nearly out of my mind....literally.

I wanted to fill you in on where I have been and what I have been through. Not looking for sympathy here or anything else. Just letting you know what could have been influencing my behavior and actions and to apologize to you all.

I might have posted back in the day (2014 ish) that I had non hodgkins lymphoma. I went through chemo, probably posted about that too.

There were a couple of other things going on at that time also. I had been having back issues since I was in my early 20's By the time I was in my late 40's (2001-2002) I could no longer stand the pain and the medical profession deemed my only answer was opioids. So I went down that rabbit hole for 12 years. (rapid detox in 2015) Up to nearly 1200mg (Equivalent) morphine a day. My mind was not my own. I take no pharmaceuticals now other than below.
In 2016 I went into full Lymphoma then again in late 2017. I am now on my 3rd go round with it. (again I'm not here for your sympathy) The treatment isn't that bad, not like chemo but it can take it's toll. I'll never understand how people can take advantage of people who are obviously ill. I've been screwed, scammed and robbed more times than I care to talk about. My attitude is and always has been if they need it that bad...take it...and some did...I'm not angry..I just don't understand.....I will be leaving Utah soon, I am basically illegally alive here.

I did finally find the back issues too After begging and pleading to have my upper thoracic area MRI'd at the age of 61 it was discovered I have Scheurermann's Disease. Basically it makes me look like a hunch back. (causes some issues with organs and stuff) I am enclosing pics so it makes more sense.

I don't know if I will spend a bunch of time on this thread. Certainly not like the old days. I no longer do voice over work..I'm concentrating on the healing power of music. So will have more in common with some of you. I've made a bucket list to learn six instruments in six years (Bass, 6 string, Keys, Native American Flute for a start)

I have yet to return to work but life has thrown me enough curves that I either find a job and work or live under the viaduct. I start a job on the 16th...working at home doing customer support. It's a start.

I hope one day to return here to give away items. As I have always said there is no greater reward than giving. (shortened to say Giving is it's own reward)
I also hope we can all be friends again soon.
The pics are of my MRI....it's my spine on the left and a healthy one on the right. I know we all have our plights and our own problems. I'm not make excuses. I hope to return with give away's soon. I've missed you.
Attached Thumbnails
More free stuff....let's do it again!-58376398_816457905397241_2114773361757257728_n.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phoenix View Post
I've been talking a little with Budget in PM's. My last post on this thread was at the time RBZ passed. That was a sad day. Before that it was sometime in 2015. It was never ever my intention to hurt anyone or make anyone feel bad. During those last few days here I was nearly out of my mind....literally.

I wanted to fill you in on where I have been and what I have been through. Not looking for sympathy here or anything else. Just letting you know what could have been influencing my behavior and actions and to apologize to you all.

I might have posted back in the day (2014 ish) that I had non hodgkins lymphoma. I went through chemo, probably posted about that too.

There were a couple of other things going on at that time also. I had been having back issues since I was in my early 20's By the time I was in my late 40's (2001-2002) I could no longer stand the pain and the medical profession deemed my only answer was opioids. So I went down that rabbit hole for 12 years. (rapid detox in 2015) Up to nearly 1200mg (Equivalent) morphine a day. My mind was not my own. I take no pharmaceuticals now other than below.
In 2016 I went into full Lymphoma then again in late 2017. I am now on my 3rd go round with it. (again I'm not here for your sympathy) The treatment isn't that bad, not like chemo but it can take it's toll. I'll never understand how people can take advantage of people who are obviously ill. I've been screwed, scammed and robbed more times than I care to talk about. My attitude is and always has been if they need it that bad...take it...and some did...I'm not angry..I just don't understand.....I will be leaving Utah soon, I am basically illegally alive here.

I did finally find the back issues too After begging and pleading to have my upper thoracic area MRI'd at the age of 61 it was discovered I have Scheurermann's Disease. Basically it makes me look like a hunch back. (causes some issues with organs and stuff) I am enclosing pics so it makes more sense.

I don't know if I will spend a bunch of time on this thread. Certainly not like the old days. I no longer do voice over work..I'm concentrating on the healing power of music. So will have more in common with some of you. I've made a bucket list to learn six instruments in six years (Bass, 6 string, Keys, Native American Flute for a start)

I have yet to return to work but life has thrown me enough curves that I either find a job and work or live under the viaduct. I start a job on the 16th...working at home doing customer support. It's a start.

I hope one day to return here to give away items. As I have always said there is no greater reward than giving. (shortened to say Giving is it's own reward)
The pics are of my MRI....it's my spine on the left and a healthy one on the right. I know we all have our plights and our own problems. I'm not make excuses. I hope to return with give away's soon. I've missed you.
So sorry, Phoenix. It sounds like you're on a better road now and I hope things continue to improve for you. I wish you the very best of all that is good.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
I'm just devastated now.
so sorry to read this Zargg. Sending my condolences to you and your family.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Zargg I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't even begin to imagine. My condolences to you and your family.
The spirit of giving should never just be about material things there is so much more we each have to offer each other

Never worry about posting this kind of thing here.

There is no better place to come with this kind of news. People here are filled with the spirit of giving and that includes, love, kindness, sympathy, empathy, and compassion. God Speed.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thank you Foxwaves!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

Hope you health continues to improve.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you Foxwaves!
You're welcome, my friend. We are on similar roads, I think. All the best to you!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thank you Mr Funk

Foxwaves if you are even on a side street going in the same direction I'm so sorry.
Get well. I found some help but have to move....which is fine with me.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search